blogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blogs

What blogs actually work with the RSS Feed manager system?

)) don't say vb Blog either ((

Huh?
    The RSS Poster robot?

It will work with any RSS feed. It just pulls the RSS feed and posts it, it isn't dependent on what, if any, system a site uses. Just a valid RSS feed.

Comment

Originally posted by legionofangels2 View Post
      What blogs actually work with the RSS Feed manager system?

)) don't say vb Blog either ((
      This is pre-sales for vBulletin core product and addons and not what other third party scripts can do. You did read the title of this forum... You can get you question easily answered within chit chat and or vBulletin.org.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
        This is pre-sales for vBulletin core product and addons and not what other third party scripts can do. You did read the title of this forum... You can get you question easily answered within chit chat and or vBulletin.org.
        I feel it best served it's purpose here. So that others that have not bought, could get a list of "popular" blog platforms that are actually compatible. As many people who own blogs consider purchasing a forum and it's best that they know that not all of them are compatible.

While admittedly not being pre-sales for me, and a side note of me trying to figure out why a compatible rss feed is no longer compatible. I'm error troubleshooting or attempting to at the same time.

Comment

Thread moved as it is not a presales question. Any feed reader or blog application which is able to pull in RSS2 feeds should be compatible with vBulletin's RSS feed.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
            Thread moved as it is not a presales question. Any feed reader or blog application which is able to pull in RSS2 feeds should be compatible with vBulletin's RSS feed.
            They're not, even if they are valid RSS feeds.

As compatibility issues arise, I suggest listing what the core product is compatible with and what it is not.

Comment

What feeds are you having problems with? I have never come across one that doesn't work if it is a valid RSS2 feed.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

What feeds are you having problems with? I have never come across one that doesn't work if it is a valid RSS2 feed.
                Doesn't work, or doesn't appear correctly?

Because we just found one the other day in the bug system that Wordpress Blogs weren't importing with proper formatting.

A movable type blog we have also waited 12 days for the RSS Feed Manager to post the entry at a setting of 60 Minutes to check for new entries. So I'd say that there is some compatibility issues and this subject hasn't been researched that indepth.

Comment

On my site I have no problem importing and displaying my wp blogs.

Comment

Some of the blogs that I look at go weeks between postings they would import properly. Also never had a problem importing an RSS feed from Wordpress into vBulletin.

RSS is a standard specification. vBulletin follows the version 2 of the specification. If there is compatibility issues then the feed is most likely formatted incorrectly, using a different version (second most common is RSS 0.92), or not actually an RSS feed but an XML or Atom feed passing itself off as RSS to fool browsers.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                      On my site I have no problem importing and displaying my wp blogs.
                      Are you using RSS: Encoded, or just descriptions? Because if just descriptions you may not have noticed this, but are you saying that your WP blogs, in full encoded content don't look like mine?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=25431

Comment

I using this one for example; http://mrfloris.com/feed/

Comment

Some of the blogs that I look at go weeks between postings they would import properly. Also never had a problem importing an RSS feed from Wordpress into vBulletin.

RSS is a standard specification. vBulletin follows the version 2 of the specification. If there is compatibility issues then the feed is most likely formatted incorrectly, using a different version (second most common is RSS 0.92), or not actually an RSS feed but an XML or Atom feed passing itself off as RSS to fool browsers.
                          I hear you.

But what is the use of posting news entries for example, which is what we were doing, if they don't show up until weeks later? That would question the time intervals of your RSS Feed Manager of which should be checking and grabbing new entries every X interval, of which if your's is similar to hours or even every 24 hours, it should NEVER take days to post your blog entries.

While I can't be for sure, I'm pretty confident we didn't trick the RSS Feed Manager on our WP blog, as it's the latest version which would make me guess RSS 2.0 a supposed valid feed for the RSS Feed Manager VB System.

Verified: WP is 2.0 Valid Feed

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                            I using this one for example; http://mrfloris.com/feed/
                            Thats description only for the RSS feed itself, which is natural in most set ups.

What does it look like when importing the post to the forum is what I'm saying?

Comment

Just like the thread, just per template that I gave it .. without any problems. No left over html code etc.

Comment