X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to NOT get help LOL

1. Don't use question mark, nor commas
    2. Post 3 times a day on your thread, just to bump
    3. Start the thread with title like "HELPPPPP ME!!!" or "NEED HELP, URGENT", don't state the problem in the title
    4. Never read what you already wrote
    5. Never specify your board/php/mysql version
    6. Don't post screenshots, parts of code errors, or any useful information
    7. If you paste a code, don't use [code] tag, just paste in normal text the full code
    8. Never do search before asking, just post anything that comes to your mind
    9. Request immediate help reply
    10. Never reply, nor even revisit the forum, after getting help, don't even think of the Thank button

What Thank button?
    selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lenni View Post
      What Thank button?
      You know there are hacks for that. The current one I know shows under each post:
      "The following users thank for that post: [user1], [user2]"

I really hate this thing.
      Meow!

Please excuse my bad English.

Comment

Some forums may have use for it, or modified it as a view system rather than thank-you's.
        Toddler from Hell

Comment

I use it. It's a replacement of the reputation system, which I believe may be too complicated for some members.

Comment

Originally posted by ishansoni1 View Post
            1. Don't use question mark, nor commas
            2. Post 3 times a day on your thread, just to bump
            3. Start the thread with title like "HELPPPPP ME!!!" or "NEED HELP, URGENT", don't state the problem in the title
            4. Never read what you already wrote
            5. Never specify your board/php/mysql version
            6. Don't post screenshots, parts of code errors, or any useful information
            7. If you paste a code, don't use [code] tag, just paste in normal text the full code
            8. Never do search before asking, just post anything that comes to your mind
            9. Request immediate help reply
            10. Never reply, nor even revisit the forum, after getting help, don't even think of the Thank button
            11. Don't post a link to the page having the problem
            12. If you discover a solution on your own, don't tell us what it is, in case it might help someone else
            13. Refer to an obscure feature/modification without explanation that (a.) has nothing to do with the product the forum supports and (b.) no one will know about unless they travel the same circles you do

Jim
            If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
            www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

Originally posted by eJM View Post
              12. If you discover a solution on your own, don't tell us what it is, in case it might help someone else
              13. Refer to an obscure feature/modification without explanation that (a.) has nothing to do with the product the forum supports and (b.) no one will know about unless they travel the same circles you do
              Jim
              thats a good one jim!!

Comment

Originally posted by ishansoni1 View Post
                thats a good one jim!!
                Yes, thanks, but did you get #13? It was a sarcastic reference to your #10.

Jim
                If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
                www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

Yes, thanks, but did you get #13? It was a sarcastic reference to your #10.

Jim
                  yea lol

Comment

I go to a Coding Forum and the thank you hack I use all the time there. If a coder helps me, he/she is sure as heck getting thanked for it. It's better than rep I think, as the system is meant for positive interaction. If you don't get thanked, you don't get thanked but it never turns negative on you either.

I find it funny that vb uses no modifications but turns the settings OFF for negative reputation in there core product here at vbulletin.com, NOT showing you that you actually can and many do give bad reputation.

Must be a joy for staff only. lolz

Comment

Originally posted by legionofangels2 View Post
                      I go to a Coding Forum and the thank you hack I use all the time there. If a coder helps me, he/she is sure as heck getting thanked for it. It's better than rep I think, as the system is meant for positive interaction. If you don't get thanked, you don't get thanked but it never turns negative on you either.

I find it funny that vb uses no modifications but turns the settings OFF for negative reputation in there core product here at vbulletin.com, NOT showing you that you actually can and many do give bad reputation.

No one has the ability to give negitive reputation.

Comment

Originally posted by legionofangels2 View Post

lol

Comment

Jim
                          If i was to do any of those, in first post and the one quoted, I would be banned from here

Comment

Originally posted by JakeS View Post
                            If i was to do any of those, in first post and the one quoted, I would be banned from here
                            I know it's only a single sentence, but did you proof-read it before you posted it? I read it a half dozen times and still don't know what you said. So...
                            14. Don't proof-read to make your spelling errors, jumbled wording or butchering of the English language understandable.

Jim
                            www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

I know it's only a single sentence, but did you proof-read it before you posted it? I read it a half dozen times and still don't know what you said. So...
                              14. Don't proof-read to make your spelling errors, jumbled wording or butchering of the English language understandable.
                              Jim
                              oh no. ok ok ok ok ok ok ok I'll check my posts for speelin mistakes next time and stuff

Comment

Working...
                              X