Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Important" updates 'failed' in Windows Vista Home Premium...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Chat "Important" updates 'failed' in Windows Vista Home Premium...

Okay, looking at my update history in Windows Update (I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium, btw), several updates marked "Important" have failed.

How can I try reinstalling these updates? And why would they be failing in the first place?

Any help from the Vista-savvy among you would be much appreciated!!
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

That's why internet search engines were invented. So you can find answers to fairly simple questions.

Start here:

Windows Update Error 80246005
    http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f92281033.mspx

If you receive Windows Update error 80246005 while checking for updates, it usually means
    either that you cannot save files to the Catroot2 folder or that the Cryptographic Service
    was not started or is not working properly.

Try this as your search criteria:

"Important" updates 'failed' Vista

Regards,
    Slappy

Comment

Thanks, Slappy - but I had tried Google first.
      "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

So many pro that know this and you can even ask in Joe's forum
        http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...y/related.mspx

Comment

Originally posted by Creepshow View Post
          Okay, looking at my update history in Windows Update (I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium, btw), several updates marked "Important" have failed.
          You would have to post the failed updates, alot of hardware updates will fail..

If better drivers are already installed, for example retail Dell monitor drivers are already installed, and Windows update tried to install a Dell monitor driver for your monitor. It may be marked as failed to install as the current driver is better..
          MCSE, MVP, CCIE
          Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I'd rather have them marked it differently, so it is clear that it was not actually 'failed' but simply wasn't needed to be installed.

Failed? Meaning: cease to work well, unsuccessful in achieving the goal.

So what's broken?

DriverX, skipped (better driver already installed)

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X