Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbblog = wordpress?

Hey Everyone,

I am thinking about getting vbblog but i am wondering if it equals the same as wordpress. I'm talking about search engine wise and stuff like that. I want to have blog but then i will need to buy a domain name and web hosting while with vbblog i can just add it to my board and myself and other members can use it too.
    Arcade.gs Game Site!

You can install WordPress on the same domain as your vBulletin forum. I believe there is even a bridge for it (so your members can use the same login for both or something). vBlog is not the same, but it is a decent blogging add-on for vBulletin. Prob'ly better than any of the other vB blogging apps. But it's not WordPress.

If you are just looking for a blogging add-on for your forum, go for vBlog. If you want a real, stand-alone blog, go for WordPress.

Jim
    If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
    www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

Thanks eJM,
      Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

But isnt wordpress just a 1 user thing?

Comment

You can have as many users on a WordPress application as you want - you can set permissions for several different levels of "user." You can also install WordPress MU and let each person have their own blog on your domain. I have done that on aFloorPro.net, which is the address to the main/admin blog. Member blogs on my domain are set up as subdirectories (eg: Jim-McClain.aFloorPro.net). I'm just getting started with that site, so don't expect to see much in a visit.

Of course, you can find all the information you want at the WordPress website. Google the name and you'll find all the various incarnations of the organization.

Jim
          If my post was helpful to you, please take the time to register at my forum and ask a question you've always wanted to know about floors.
          www.TheFloorPro.com

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X