X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by Sandino1 View Post
    Would VBulletin as standard practise let the webmaster buy a lisence before shutting him down? And if he did by a lisence, would the information within the headers change from unregistered copy to registered copy?
    This would totally depend on the situation. Please remember that breaking copyright is breaking a law. A company can decide to ask for damages and get a lawyer on the case if a company suspects the user has used a pirated version on purpose.

Please avoid problems by expecting that Jelsoft won't bother protecting their IP and wait for a friendly notice to buy a license ... while in fact you can get into serious legal problems with financial consequences. Check the copyright laws in your country and the UK to find out what it might mean for you for example.

Some sites take a few days, some sites take a few weeks or months, some are down 2 hours after they go live. There's no magic button we can press and we get a lot of sites reported to check, taking a site down isn't done 1.2.3, but the success rate is high.

Leave a comment:

• Vtec44
    replied
    It's between vBulletin, his host, the counrty that he's in, the laws of that country regarding piracy if it is indeed unlicensed.

Leave a comment:

• Chazel
    replied
    Yes, they will give him the option to purchase a license. Secondly, you can't tell if he's licensed via the site itself. Either the site is in the database of registered sites or it isn't.

Leave a comment:

• Sandino1
    replied
    Would VBulletin as standard practise let the webmaster buy a lisence before shutting him down? And if he did by a lisence, would the information within the headers change from unregistered copy to registered copy?

Leave a comment:

• TomJames
    replied
    Originally posted by Sandino1 View Post
    Hello community!

Simple question really. Some time ago I had setup a forum which was highly successful. However, the website itself was a bit buggy and I was using a inferior forum software. A fellow I know came along and cloned my website. It had more to offer and looked alot better. In the end this website had won over most of my traffic. This is simply becuase he was using the latest release of VBulletin software. However, a I know for a fact hes using unregisted, pirated software. I reported this issue to Vbulliten on their piracy response page about 2 weeks ago and no action has been taken. Does it normally take longer? Or could the issue between the webmaster and vbulletin have been resolved?

The page in question is http://irishrepublican.net

Many thanks,

Sandino, Ireland.
    Thyey might take a while, I reported a page that the owner of brags about being a pirated copy and from what he claims no one has even spoken to him. I guess they have to verify everything, nothing worse than accusing a site owner and finding out they were wrong in the first place.

In your case I can only assume the person bought a license or the piracyreports guys are still in the process of contacting them.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Its possible he could have bought a license.

Leave a comment:

• Sandino1
    replied
    I wasnt looking for specifics. I just generally wanted to know from other users experiance how long they recalled having such a website taken down.

Leave a comment:

• 1QuickSI
    replied
    ll sites submitted to this address will be added to our anti-piracy database and will be investigated. The name of the person submitting the report will always remain confidential.

We will be unable to respond with whether this site is properly licensed or not, or our actions, for privacy reasons.
    You will never know the status nor the out come of reporting a site other then if it all of a sudden disappears.

Leave a comment:

• Sandino1
    started a topic VBulletin response time to piracy

VBulletin response time to piracy

Hello community!

Simple question really. Some time ago I had setup a forum which was highly successful. However, the website itself was a bit buggy and I was using a inferior forum software. A fellow I know came along and cloned my website. It had more to offer and looked alot better. In the end this website had won over most of my traffic. This is simply becuase he was using the latest release of VBulletin software. However, a I know for a fact hes using unregisted, pirated software. I reported this issue to Vbulliten on their piracy response page about 2 weeks ago and no action has been taken. Does it normally take longer? Or could the issue between the webmaster and vbulletin have been resolved?

The page in question is http://irishrepublican.net

Many thanks,

Sandino, Ireland.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X