Clear All

• CrashPush
    replied
    Thanks Tom I will give that a try.

Leave a comment:

• TomJames
    replied
    Originally posted by CrashPush View Post
    That's perfect Steve. Thank you very much.

Is there a way to automatically add that link to the welcome e-mail they receive when they sign up?
    Admin CP -> vBulletin Options -> User Registration Options.

Choose to Enable Coppa, then go to 'Site Name / URL / Contact Details' and fill that stuff in, it should automatically do it then.

(Though I can't be sure, I just deny under-13s access.)

Leave a comment:

• CrashPush
    replied
    That's perfect Steve. Thank you very much.

Is there a way to automatically add that link to the welcome e-mail they receive when they sign up?

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    They are the ones that have to follow-up - not you. They are given full instructions on how to do this when they register. To resend this form have them click on this link:

http://www.yoursite.com/forums/regis...p?do=coppaform

Leave a comment:

• CrashPush
    replied
    What I wanted to know, from someone who has done it before, how is the best way to go about getting verifiable parental consent. Is there a certain way to do it. Basically, how would you go about it?

Originally posted by kerplunk View Post
    Ban them from using your site.
    Why would I want to ban them. My site is not adult orientated. It's a site and forums on mass transit in NYC. Some of these kids are the sons, nephews & grandchildren of people in the mass transit industry. They are more than welcome to participate. I'd also like to add that they are pretty mature for their age.

Leave a comment:

• kerplunk
    replied
    Ban them from using your site.

Leave a comment:

• Steve Machol
    replied
    If you are hosted in the U.S., the then you need to follow the law and get the appropriate parental approval:

http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/buspubs/coppa.shtm

Leave a comment:

• CrashPush
    started a topic help with COPPA

help with COPPA

Recently I've had one 9 year old and two 12 year olds join my forum. I marked them all as COPPA users.

How do I properly deal with users under 13 years of age?

How do I get/ask for parental permission from an under 13 user?

This is all new to me and I don't know what to do.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X