Pricing of advertising?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pricing of advertising?

I have just been approached by film company who wishes to place advertising on my site, as I have never really done a lot of advertising sales I am clueless of what sort of price to quote. They are asking to add a banner ad and being quite honest it suits my site content perfectly.

Monthly stats are 64,000 absolute uniques
    1,600,000 page views
    135,000 visits

They are moving up a little every week too.

Advice and/or suggestions please?

What is your URL
    How old is your web site
    What page rank you have now
    How much google results does your site have
    Is it one site or multiple web sites (you run a network)

You could go to sitepoint.com's marketplace and see how much ppl ask for advertising, and compare them against the stats they show.
    Since this is your first time doing this, perhaps consider doing 65% of the number you find.

The price also depends if they want to be image or text, in the header or footer, on a few pages or each page. And of course period of time. Is this an incidental thing, or a long term advertising partner

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
      What is your URL
      How old is your web site
      What page rank you have now
      How much google results does your site have
      Is it one site or multiple web sites (you run a network)

You could go to sitepoint.com's marketplace and see how much ppl ask for advertising, and compare them against the stats they show.
      Since this is your first time doing this, perhaps consider doing 65% of the number you find.

The price also depends if they want to be image or text, in the header or footer, on a few pages or each page. And of course period of time. Is this an incidental thing, or a long term advertising partner
      I had a look around sitepoint and asked him for a figure and he has paid it. I am very happy and I guess he is.

Comment

Working...
      X