Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dean C
    replied
    Can't be bothered reading past a certain persons sarcasm in this thread, so apologies if the link to the album has already been posted:
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...id=21073243776

I wrote a script to mine facebooks application page, gathering their ID's and used cURL to block them all so I don't get hassled by any of that crap anymore

Leave a comment:

• Chousho
    replied
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    The developers have stated that communitcation will be worked on post 3.7.
    Communication beta 1?

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    The developers have stated that communitcation will be worked on post 3.7.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by kentaurus View Post
    And several times it has been stated in the forums by me and more people, that it is not enough, I'm sorry.

If that's all you can do, that's ok, but I'll keep insisting about the lack of information to us customers, right now we know nothing certain about the so-called vb 4.0, it's all rumors and posts collected from the staff in different threads and different forums, and best wishes. It's impossible to rely on you to do any future plans.

I do not wish to continue the discussion about that topic, since this thread is about facebook, and since I have lost all hope on vb being able to keep a roadmap and a release plan. That's your way, and I respect that. For me, it's not enough and I don't like it.
    Yeah, exactly. I haven't given up though - there's always hope .

Leave a comment:

• kentaurus
    replied
    Despite the announcement forum being for releases and company news it has been used various times for bigger releases and for upcoming products to inform the customers that things are being worked on, and it has been with detail.
    And several times it has been stated in the forums by me and more people, that it is not enough, I'm sorry.

If that's all you can do, that's ok, but I'll keep insisting about the lack of information to us customers, right now we know nothing certain about the so-called vb 4.0, it's all rumors and posts collected from the staff in different threads and different forums, and best wishes. It's impossible to rely on you to do any future plans.

I do not wish to continue the discussion about that topic, since this thread is about facebook, and since I have lost all hope on vb being able to keep a roadmap and a release plan. That's your way, and I respect that. For me, it's not enough and I don't like it.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by kentaurus View Post
    There's no need to be that drastic.

We do need better communication about what's been worked on. That's all we're asking for. The suggestion forums is ok, but that's a "suggestion repository" for the devs, and we, customers, don't have any clue whether the suggestion is going to be considered, is being worked on, or anything at all.

Some people, like me, rely on vbulletin as the "core" of the site. And any decision made about the product affects me, thus I want all information possible so I don't spend money where I shouldn't (image if I bought some social networking script and paid money to have it customized, or imagine if I pay vbseo for my forums licenses and then vbulletin announced seo features... decisions made by Jelsoft affects us somehow, and I'd like to be a little informed).

====

On topic

I always get lost at facebook Sad, but everybody has a lot of "applications" of all sorts of types, and a lot are being added every week. I can spend hours navigating the profiles of my friends and checking their applications, I start adding things and after a while my own page is unbrowsable!! Glad facebook is considering some usability
    Despite the announcement forum being for releases and company news it has been used various times for bigger releases and for upcoming products to inform the customers that things are being worked on, and it has been with detail.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    Not what I meant at all.
    Sorry if you meant something else. And please clarify what you meant instead.

Leave a comment:

• kentaurus
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris
    Yeah, I think we could just delete the suggestion forums that the devs crawl through to analyze customer feedback and base it on individual polls and not have a location where customers can share their voice and only ask pre defined situations.

No, we will stick with this for now. It's open, customers can provide suggestions and discuss them.
    There's no need to be that drastic.

We do need better communication about what's been worked on. That's all we're asking for. The suggestion forums is ok, but that's a "suggestion repository" for the devs, and we, customers, don't have any clue whether the suggestion is going to be considered, is being worked on, or anything at all.

Some people, like me, rely on vbulletin as the "core" of the site. And any decision made about the product affects me, thus I want all information possible so I don't spend money where I shouldn't (image if I bought some social networking script and paid money to have it customized, or imagine if I pay vbseo for my forums licenses and then vbulletin announced seo features... decisions made by Jelsoft affects us somehow, and I'd like to be a little informed).

====

On topic

I always get lost at facebook Sad, but everybody has a lot of "applications" of all sorts of types, and a lot are being added every week. I can spend hours navigating the profiles of my friends and checking their applications, I start adding things and after a while my own page is unbrowsable!! Glad facebook is considering some usability

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    Someone please make our vBulletin Social Networking Profiles look like that!

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    I tried facebook recently, but I didn't like it.

Leave a comment:

• choccyclaire
    replied
    Tabs are clearly the way forward!

Leave a comment:

• Weapon-x
    replied
    I think facebook is so user unfriendly. Myspace is so user friendly, easier to use. But facebook is just a complete bore.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    Yeah, I think we could just delete the suggestion forums that the devs crawl through to analyze customer feedback and base it on individual polls and not have a location where customers can share their voice and only ask pre defined situations.

No, we will stick with this for now. It's open, customers can provide suggestions and discuss them.
    Not what I meant at all.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    The user is able to select where they would go (or if they wanted to, they can give it its own tab).

Facebook released a question today saying how many of the applications would you give its own tab. I love the way facebook communicates with its users. They provide a new screenshot of progress every week. Listen to all feedback about the screenshots and now started asking questions to see how people would use the new tabs etc so they can make the appropriate changes.

I do hope Jelsoft does something like this with vB 4.0 .

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by Colin F View Post
    So where would the applications show up? Would they each have their own tab?
    The user is able to select where they would go (or if they wanted to, they can give it its own tab).

Facebook released a question today saying how many of the applications would you give its own tab. I love the way facebook communicates with its users. They provide a new screenshot of progress every week. Listen to all feedback about the screenshots and now started asking questions to see how people would use the new tabs etc so they can make the appropriate changes.

I do hope Jelsoft does something like this with vB 4.0 .

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X