No announcement yet.

New Facebook profiles being worked on!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Facebook profiles being worked on!

Since so many facebook users have complained about the clutter in facebook profiles with all those applications being added on, facebook have decided to design new, cleaner, faster profiles. They have released a few screenshots of how they are shaping up.

Heres one official screenshot which I think really shows how clean the profiles will be:

What are your thoughts on them?

MAD

A nice inspiration for my forums.
    That's the end of that!

Comment

Speaking of facebook, anyone having issues with the new friends of friends feature??
      MCSE, MVP, CCIE
      Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
        A nice inspiration for my forums.
        Yeap thats one reason why I posted it here .

Comment

I really wish they'd get rid of applications. They're so stupid, and I hate getting notifications/emails from my friends telling me that they've challenged me to a movie quiz.

Comment

So where would the applications show up? Would they each have their own tab?
            Best Regards
            Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
              So where would the applications show up? Would they each have their own tab?
              The user is able to select where they would go (or if they wanted to, they can give it its own tab).

Facebook released a question today saying how many of the applications would you give its own tab. I love the way facebook communicates with its users. They provide a new screenshot of progress every week. Listen to all feedback about the screenshots and now started asking questions to see how people would use the new tabs etc so they can make the appropriate changes.

I do hope Jelsoft does something like this with vB 4.0 .

Comment

Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                The user is able to select where they would go (or if they wanted to, they can give it its own tab).

Facebook released a question today saying how many of the applications would you give its own tab. I love the way facebook communicates with its users. They provide a new screenshot of progress every week. Listen to all feedback about the screenshots and now started asking questions to see how people would use the new tabs etc so they can make the appropriate changes.

I do hope Jelsoft does something like this with vB 4.0 .
                Yeah, I think we could just delete the suggestion forums that the devs crawl through to analyze customer feedback and base it on individual polls and not have a location where customers can share their voice and only ask pre defined situations.

No, we will stick with this for now. It's open, customers can provide suggestions and discuss them.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                  Yeah, I think we could just delete the suggestion forums that the devs crawl through to analyze customer feedback and base it on individual polls and not have a location where customers can share their voice and only ask pre defined situations.

No, we will stick with this for now. It's open, customers can provide suggestions and discuss them.
                  Not what I meant at all.

Comment

I think facebook is so user unfriendly. Myspace is so user friendly, easier to use. But facebook is just a complete bore.

Comment

Tabs are clearly the way forward!

Comment

I tried facebook recently, but I didn't like it.

Comment

Someone please make our vBulletin Social Networking Profiles look like that!
                          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Floris

There's no need to be that drastic.

We do need better communication about what's been worked on. That's all we're asking for. The suggestion forums is ok, but that's a "suggestion repository" for the devs, and we, customers, don't have any clue whether the suggestion is going to be considered, is being worked on, or anything at all.

Some people, like me, rely on vbulletin as the "core" of the site. And any decision made about the product affects me, thus I want all information possible so I don't spend money where I shouldn't (image if I bought some social networking script and paid money to have it customized, or imagine if I pay vbseo for my forums licenses and then vbulletin announced seo features... decisions made by Jelsoft affects us somehow, and I'd like to be a little informed).

====

On topic

I always get lost at facebook Sad, but everybody has a lot of "applications" of all sorts of types, and a lot are being added every week. I can spend hours navigating the profiles of my friends and checking their applications, I start adding things and after a while my own page is unbrowsable!! Glad facebook is considering some usability
                            CemZoo Wiki - The complete anime encyclopedia
                            CemZoo Foros - Spanish Anime & Gaming Community (also browse our archive)

Comment

Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                              Not what I meant at all.
                              Sorry if you meant something else. And please clarify what you meant instead.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X