Have you done any SEO to your forum ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you done any SEO to your forum ?

Just wanted to know if people does any SEO (Search Engine Optimization) to your forum ? Like installing different hacks or changing the templates for the purpose of getting more hits from Google and others.

I haven´t done any SEO to my forum yet, as I want to stay as standard as possible to make it easier to upgrade, what about you ?

Thanks
    Yes
    50.00%
    No
    50.00%

vBSEO 3.1.0
    vBProjects - Professional vBulletin Services and Solutions
    vBSpring - Premium vBulletin Add-ons

Comment

I really like the little popup you have on http://www.dn4um.com/ - is that part of the vBSEO or something else ?

Comment

No it's a hack from vbulletin.org, try to find it there

Found: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=169300
        vBProjects - Professional vBulletin Services and Solutions
        vBSpring - Premium vBulletin Add-ons

Comment

Yes, I've added vb seo to my site on wetalk.tv

we have tv shows - and the categories and forums are those ..

so if someone wants to talk heroes i just have to say: wetalk.tv/heroes
          and the heroes forum loads. --- i like that a lot.

Comment

Haven't installed SEO addons, but made some templates edits to SEO'ed some pages.
            $post[signature]

Comment

vBSeo is just so expensive - costs almost as much as the forum itself !
              Last edited by wii; Mon 17 Mar '08, 4:04am.

Comment

Based on the latest release will most definatly be installing VBSEO in the very near future.
                -----------------------------------------------------------
                Running custom version of vBulletin based on v4.2.5
                PHP 7.4.14 :: MariaDB 10.5.8

Comment

Originally posted by wii View Post
                  vBSeo is just so expensive - costs almost as much as the forum itself !
                  I would not have bought it if I didn't have someone buy advertising space on the site first to cover the cost.

Comment

VbSEO is a must i think, if you want to be the #1 in your respectful niche.

Comment

Well, vBulletin.com doesn´t seem to recommend it, and they say it´s already search engine friendly, so who should I believe ?

Comment

My web site was indexed by google within 4 days, and followed by 4 major ones within 2 weeks. We hit PR4.

Before we bought vbseo.

Comment

I answered No, but then I don't try to make money from my forum and I have the forums that are the main draw on my forum closed to public, thus they don't get indexed. I think it really depends on your goals for your forum on whether you want to do any SEO for it.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                            Yes, I've added vb seo to my site on wetalk.tv

we have tv shows - and the categories and forums are those ..

so if someone wants to talk heroes i just have to say: wetalk.tv/heroes
                            and the heroes forum loads. --- i like that a lot.
                            Ah thats a good idea, haha :P.

Comment

VbSEO is so expensive.

I've tried to place certain keywords in certain headers as well as links to main forums. Not too many though as spiders/bots start at the top and work their way down. They'd be seeing the same keywords and links at every page.

I also have the vBSEO Google/Yahoo Sitemap mod installed. I get about 50+ Yahoo spiders and 1 Google spider daily. I have 480+ pages indexed in Google with the site being 4 weeks old.

Try to add to the forum description as much as possible.

Try to use important keywords in thread titles.

As I said, only been live for 4 weeks so I'm still learning.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X