Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Domains containing the word, 'vBulletin'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Domains containing the word, 'vBulletin'?

Hi,

I'm just wondering what is acceptable to Jelsoft in terms of domains containing the word, 'vBulletin'?

I ask because over at AdminFusion, I was discussing my domain, talkvbulletin.net. Some think it's okay, some think I'm not safe from a C&D from Jelsoft.

I want to create a fansite revolving around vBulletin, and I don't see the problem with having 'vBulletin' in my domain because of other websites that has 'vBulletin' in their domains - such as vBulletin-FAQ.com, vBulletin-Templates.com, vBulletinSetup.com, not to mention others. My website is not going to be used to make Jelsoft or vBulletin look bad in any way, shape or form. It's just going to be a discussion forum with an auction house section, tutorials (including video tutorials, skinning tutorials etc) and other ideas like that.

So where do I stand? Would I be in a better position if I were to place a disclaimer similar to this one on the website?

vBulletin-FAQ is not an official Jelsoft website and is not associated with Jelsoft. All information, images and content contained within this site is Copyright 2006 vBulletin-FAQ and may not be reproduced without written permission
    Jeez... I can't believe my post count mostly consists of questions! :eek:

'vBulletin' is trademarked and you are not allowed o use i in a domain name. Some sites were grandfathered in because they were using this before the trademark was issued.
    Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
    Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X