Automatic google index??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic google index??

Are the posts/threads on my vbulletin forum automatically indexed by google even if I don't submit my URL to google? In other words if I create a forum and a user makes a post with the worlds "yaddayeeeeee, yaddayeeeeee" - 3 months later, if I type "yaddayeeeeee" into google, will it bring up my forum? ("yaddayeeeeee" currently returns no results.)

AND

if I DO submit my site to google (for free), will google index all of my pages? and will "yaddayeeeeee" appear in google search results a couple months after the user posted a thread of a bunch of "yaddayeeeeee"'s???

AND

please link me to information on how to increased my page indexes and rankings on google for my forum WITHOUT using VBSEO or any other paid service. i want to read up on it.

Yes, yes yes yesyesyesyesyes.
    selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lenni View Post
      Yes, yes yes yesyesyesyesyes.
      You're not supposed to answer questions outside of the appropriate forums.

For all you know, he could be running a nulled version. (not that I have any reason to believe so)

Comment

Originally posted by chaselafon View Post
        You're not supposed to answer questions outside of the appropriate forums.

For all you know, he could be running a nulled version. (not that I have any reason to believe so)
        Those arn't technical questions relating to vB. They relate to Google.

Comment

is there any solution to block bots crawling vbulletin member list?

Comment

Originally posted by deadairspace View Post
            is there any solution to block bots crawling vbulletin member list?
            To get vB support on these forums you first need to be a licensed customer and register for Priority Forum Support. To do this, please go here:

http://members.vbulletin.com/membersupport_priorit y.php

...and enter your email address in one of the boxes. You will also have to select the specific forums that you wish to have access at. You'll need to have your customer number and password to access the page.

Once you've done this, please post in the appropriate support forum for your version.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

deadairspace, yes. robots.txt is your friend.
              You can create a special file called robots.txt with all restrictions you need. Not all search engines honors it, but Google claims it does.

http://www.robotstxt.org/

Comment

Working...
              X