iPhone SDK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPhone SDK

Anyone pay attention to the iPhone SDK this morning? It's insane!

Spore is coming to the iPhone!

iPhone 2.0 (Software update; iPhone: Free, iPod Tough: Small fee)
    • Push email
    • Push calendar
    • Push contacts
    • Global address list
    • Cisco IPsec VPN
    • Certificates and Identities
    • WPA2 / 802.1x
    • Enforced security policies
    • Device configuration
    • Remote wipe
    • Active Sync and Microsoft Exchange support

Apps/games demoed and announced this morning:

SDK allows developers to make applications for the iPhone. Once these applications or games are made they can share it through iTunes on the iPhones. If they choose to put a price tag on it they get to keep 70% and Apple takes the rest. If they choose to make it free, it's free for all!

When a developer updates an application you have iTunes will automatically update it for you!

And the SDK just got done downloading!!! w00t! 2.1GB is hugggeee
    Last edited by JPT62089; Thu 6th Mar '08, 2:48pm.
    http://helpmegetamac.net/blackapple.gif MacBook Pro 15.4" Core2Duo 2.33GHz.

What version is the Cisco IPsec VPN ??
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

I am trying to download the SDK for several hours now (I am a registered iPhone Developer) but the page just doesn't load.
      That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
        What version is the Cisco IPsec VPN ??
        Absolutely no clue. The update doesn't come out till June, so they weren't that specific.

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
        I am trying to download the SDK for several hours now (I am a registered iPhone Developer) but the page just doesn't load.

Haha yeah, the website is getting hammered right now. And towards the end of the Keynote, I couldn't even access the website!

Comment

It's sad. I can access the page but I can't login because that very page doesn't load.

There are some nice error messages.

209 : Error: Can't connect to authentication server, please notify the system admin.

Edit:
          Download started. 2.1GB. *eek*
          Last edited by MrNase; Thu 6th Mar '08, 2:06pm.
          That's the end of that!

Comment

Haha yeah, very large file. Mine is done downloading, but verifying it right now. Yay I get to play! haha

Updated original post with crucial information I neglected to add!

Comment

Wait... iPod touch users are again having to pay a fee for an upgrade? What the heck is it with Apple and forcing iPod touch users to pay for what iPhone users get free?
              Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by Onimua View Post
                Wait... iPod touch users are again having to pay a fee for an upgrade? What the heck is it with Apple and forcing iPod touch users to pay for what iPhone users get free?

Yeah Steve said it's because of how they"account differently for the touch". But I'm sure that is just a coverup.

Also Apple released Getting Started videos in iTunes.

Comment

I'm getting a 404 when I click on "Download the SDK Free". Also, how do you register as an iPhone developer? According to the Apple website, it's free.

I'm not quite done watching the keynote, I just got done watching the demo of Spore, which is quite impressive. I'm looking forward to playing around with the SDK and hopefully developing some applications.

What are the chances of Google adding Push support to Gmail? I know they currently support IMAP but it'd be awesome if they could add Push support.

Comment

You have to be a chosen developer between now and June, as well as pay a $299 bounty to get a head start.

It's a total joke. I jailbroke last week, and I'm going to stay jailbroke for the forthcoming months
                    Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                      You have to be a chosen developer between now and June, as well as pay a $299 bounty to get a head start.

It's a total joke. I jailbroke last week, and I'm going to stay jailbroke for the forthcoming months
                      It was my understanding that you can download the SDK for free and use the iPhone simulator on your computer. If you actually want to deploy applications in a production environment for testing purposes you only have to pay $99, according to the keynote.

Either way I doubt I'll pay the $99 for the ability to put it on the phone. In the mean time I'll just use the iPhone simulator.

Comment

My downloaded file was corrupted, two and a half hour wasted.

The SDK download is free but you can pay $99 or $299 for additional resources and everyone who wants to publish applications needs to pay a one time fee of $99.

The publishing fee is good because it stops kiddies from publishing silly and worthless applications plus it gives you free hosting and support.
                        That's the end of that!

Comment

The SDK download is free but you can pay $99 or $299 for additional resources and everyone who wants to publish applications needs to pay a one time fee of $99.

The publishing fee is good because it stops kiddies from publishing silly and worthless applications plus it gives you free hosting and support.
                          That makes more sense, thanks for clearing that up.

I will, at some point, pay the $99 fee then to be able to publish applications. However I won't do this until I'm comfortable enough with having developed a solid enough application that can be made available to everyone.

Comment

It's not a playground for everybody, it's for business. If you don't have a business model that brings back in this small investment of under $500 then you're application isn't worth the development in my eyes. I think for any developer it's a small price to pay.

Comment

Actually, the way I understood it is the $300 is for businesses, and the $99 is for individuals.

And the $99 is a yearly fee. Not a one timer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X