Moderation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moderation

My board has 6 moderators, and I think they do a great job, but mabie sometimes too much. Some of them stay out of the limelight and just fix spelling errors and help people out. Some of them get in moderation wars with the odd trouble shooter. If a member comes on and posts a bad comment about a place, or service that may hurt that person or business, we remove it, as I dont need that person threating a lawsuit. Our board is for all from children to adults, and some times the mods delete or remove stuff that pisses the older people off, then it causes a small war usually at 11:00 at night, lol. Then someone signs on as a name that is questionalbe and some time they let it go buy and the next week they jump all over it. My board only has 3300 members but is growing by 15 - 20 members per day. Its 16 months old, I guess as you grow you have more problems, I see. Any guides to help with moderation or other posts.

Regards,
    RON

If a moderator isn't doing what you want, you ask them to tone down and be there to help and grow the community, and not to be like a police force.

If a mod doesn't listen to your requests you just remove them.

You're worthy a mod status, or not. Period. It's better for the community and the content in the long run to have a good team of staff that can work together, instead of doing ..

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X