X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kier
    replied
    Originally posted by eva2000
    NOOOOO! what happened to the E.T. (extra terrestial) version?
    Due to political pressures, this edition has been indefinitely suspended in favour of vB NTEE (non-terrestrial entity edition)...

I think

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    Originally posted by eva2000
    silk pillow stuffed with $100 bills
    Stuffed with algae and plankton at the moment

Leave a comment:

• auto
    replied
    I got an awesome idea!

How about John switches his strategy from making us pay $ for vB to paying us for using vB?

I bet no one has tried that one yet in this business. I mean there are free message board scripts, I say vB should beat that!

On an off topic note, here's something interesting-

A while ago someone here posted a link to www.interestalert.com . its like moreover, but these guys actually pay you $0.00000001 per click thru to the news from your site, and also $0.50 per referral. This is kinda pitiful, but I say it's better than not being paid at all. Well, several days ago, I got a PHONE CALL from InterestAlert, the chairman of the company or something. So he started asking me weird questions from
    "How could we improve our service?" [to which I replied maybe allow the link to popup in new window might be an imporvement]
    to "How do you plan on making money with your site?"
    "What kind of business plan do you have?" [to which I simply had to reply " Why the hell would I tell you my biz plans?!?" But in a nice way of course]
    and finally he asked me this "If we allowed you to make the news popup in a new window when clicked, will you be willing to pay a monthly fee for the service?" to which I answered "Then I will just go back to moreover" to which he replied "Moreover and iSyndicate are gone," which is a kind of a lie I am pretty sure, because they're still up n running right now
    So then I just said well, then I won't run any news feeds.
    To which he hastly said "Ok, thats all I wanted to know" and hung up.
    My point... InterestAlert is planning on changing their strategy from getting paid by the news folks and paying out a small amount to the publishers to getting paid by the news folks and getting paid more by the publishers. And this guy who called me was very unprofessional and rude trying to stick his nose in my business, I think.

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by Kier
    As some of you may know, John and James are away at the moment, but where have they gone I hear you ask...

I can now reveal that John and James are currently on the first leg of a global tour of deep-sea volcanic vents, attempting to sell vB M.E. (marine edition) to their newly discovered niche market of algae and plankton...
    NOOOOO! what happened to the E.T. (extra terrestial) version?

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by auto
    "and then wiping his hands with a couple $100 bills, John went to bed and slept on a silk pillow."
    silk pillow stuffed with $100 bills

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    Originally posted by tubedogg
    John's a little wacky sometimes.
    As some of you may know, John and James are away at the moment, but where have they gone I hear you ask...

I can now reveal that John and James are currently on the first leg of a global tour of deep-sea volcanic vents, attempting to sell vB M.E. (marine edition) to their newly discovered niche market of algae and plankton...

Leave a comment:

• auto
    replied
    "and then wiping his hands with a couple $100 bills, John went to bed and slept on a silk pillow."

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    Originally posted by auto
    Kevin, you sure its less than 10,000?

I've talked to John a little while ago, and when I asked him how much money Jelsoft has made he said he can't say. Then I said, "Okay, well, how many licenses have you sold?", again the same answer came back. Then I finally asked him what he had for lunch that day.. "A bacon butty followed by a doughnut," he said. But then told me "heh. Sorry, but I am afraid that I cannot tell you what I had for supper. That's classified"
    probably had seafood and caviar with the money from vB license sales

Leave a comment:

• auto
    replied
    Originally posted by tubedogg
    I have a feeling that's an understatement

John's pretty wacky most of the time

jk

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    Quite sure.

Leave a comment:

• auto
    replied
    Kevin, you sure its less than 10,000?

I've talked to John a little while ago, and when I asked him how much money Jelsoft has made he said he can't say. Then I said, "Okay, well, how many licenses have you sold?", again the same answer came back. Then I finally asked him what he had for lunch that day.. "A bacon butty followed by a doughnut," he said. But then told me "heh. Sorry, but I am afraid that I cannot tell you what I had for supper. That's classified"

Leave a comment:

• Kier
    replied
    Sales figures? Eh?

You aint seen me, roight?

Leave a comment:

• tubedogg
    replied
    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Informed source.

But as I recall they don't release sales figures so I can't really be any more specific.

Leave a comment:

• auto
    replied
    Your guestimation of 2500-3000 vBs sold is way off... there are over 7500 registered members on vB... yes, some of them dont have a vB license, etc, but do you think that every person that purchases vB comes here and registers? I'm thinking a rather small proportion of all customers come here and register.
    So my guestimate is 10,000++ vB licenses sold.

Can anyone who really knows [like John and James, who are both on vacation right now, I know ] give us a ">" or "<" to my 10,000 estimate?

Leave a comment:

• George L
    replied
    i guestimate they probably sold around 2,500 - 3,000 copies of vB

just guessing

interesting alltheweb results in 28,522 pages with vbulletin on it

http://www.alltheweb.com/search?cat=...uery=vbulletin

Leave a comment: