• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by Freezerator View Post
    Google doesn't load with people who have js blocked
    Thats interesting to know, so the blocker would also block Analytic then, hence no count for that hit if he's using a js blocker.

Originally posted by adserver View Post
    There are some case where Many people are simply opening page and closing it as soon as opened. So, in this case, google analytics code may executed but openx banner has not loaded and so openx will not store count this impressions
    Analytic, code is usually put at the very bottom of a page just before </body>. So it would be the last thing to load on a page. And if they closed the page fast, maybe even that would not get chance to register the hit. Especially if you have a slow header loading first, when they close it.

Leave a comment:

• adserver
    replied
    There are some case where Many people are simply opening page and closing it as soon as opened. So, in this case, google analytics code may executed but openx banner has not loaded and so openx will not store count this impressions.

(Openx will count impressions once it will display banner perfectly.)

If you want to get more efficient result then compare with openx request count (not impressions count).

You can enable it from admin side.

you can get If you want any more details then contact adserverservices who is one of best adserver consultant.
    Last edited by adserver; Thu 28 Aug '08, 4:39am.

Leave a comment:

• Freezerator
    replied
    Maybe the difference is because of the webcrawlers, they can use add blockers?

Google doesn't load with people who have js blocked. But for my own stats i do use google, wich by my feeling is the most accurate.

Webalizer is just plain overpositive :P

Leave a comment:

• Vigile
    replied
    While that sounds good to me - I guess that doesn't address the problem...

I need to be serving ads to these people...but is truly possible that that many people are using ad blockers?

Leave a comment:

• Joe Gronlund
    replied
    Personally, i would add the traffic for one day from both Webalizer and Analytics then /* by 2

Leave a comment:

• Vigile
    started a topic Who To Believe? Openx, Google Analytics Or Webalizer

Who To Believe? Openx, Google Analytics Or Webalizer

I have an interesting problem I am hoping someone has some insight on. I've noticed recently that of my three page view tracking mechanisms, they are all very different in what they report.

For example, here is one day Feb 21st:

OpenX reports 59,258 impressions on a certain zone, one that is on every page of the site (leaderboard)

Google Analytics reports 118,918 impressions for that day

Webalizer reports 210,923 impressions for that day

That is quite a difference. I know that sometimes webalizer has been accused of not being accurate, though I am sure that I have taken HTML files out of the equation (I PHP files). Google uses a Javascript to track impressions. OpenX is what I would THINK would be the most accurate, but obviously I'd like to think otherwise. As far as reliability goes, I'm tempted to think I would trust Google the most....

What would make these kinds of differences? Would ad blockers that read the site really be blocking that high a percentage of the ads?

Just for giggles, I'll pick a day with lower traffic.

Feb 14:

OpenX reports 32,125

Analytics reports 58,608

Webalizer reports 74,244

In this case the OpenX:Analytics ratio is pretty similar as the 21st numbers, but Webalizer is much LESS off than it was.

Basically, I am just looking for advice on what to look into. Thanks!