vBulletin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin

Will vBulletin ever have a sale on their prices because I'm technically not willing to pay that much for a forum that I don't even know if people will join on. I really need the prices to go lower, maybe on holiday events? you probably won't do anything like this anyway.

You must understand that vBulletin is a commercial product. I can't see a lower in prices in the coming months at least..

Comment

vB is already very cheap, and hasn't increased its prices ever.

Depending on your country's inflation rate, that means the price has decreased every year in effect.

Personally I wouldn't want the prices reduced as it means less funds for development work. But it's pretty certain they will never reduce them. At some point they will in fact HAVE to increase.

If you're worried about whether people will join your forum, start with free software like phpbb or SMF, and then if it works you can buy vB and use the Impex importing tool to import your forums onto vB.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Also, vbulletin is a very powerful and complicated software.
        Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

Comment

Originally posted by Novis View Post
          Will vBulletin ever have a sale on their prices because I'm technically not willing to pay that much for a forum that I don't even know if people will join on. I really need the prices to go lower, maybe on holiday events? you probably won't do anything like this anyway.

Well if your worried about wasting your money over not having users to join there's multiple solutions.

1. Use a Ad service such as http://www.google.com/intl/en/ads/ Preferably Ad sense since you get money back everytime someone clicks your ad .

2. Start a forum now using a free Forum open source such as http://phpbb.com then just get it started then once you feel it's worth the investment you could purchase VB.

3. Buy a 1 year license see how it gose so if it's not going so well you can end your license.

Hope this help's

Comment

The reason vBulletin is what it is is because it's a paid product.

Comment

install phpbb (its free) then if it takes off get vB
              What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

One possible consideration.. join the vBulletin affiliate program and earn the credit by clicking your own link (at least I hope that's permissible.)
                ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

The affiliate program is for license holders, so that wouldn't work.
                  Best Regards
                  Colin Frei

Please don't contact me per PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Colin F View Post
                    The affiliate program is for license holders, so that wouldn't work.
                    Could you clarify please Colin??
                    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

You need to own a valid license before we approve you for the affliate system.,

Comment

Hm.. Never knew that.

Comment

Originally posted by Balthasorus View Post
                          Join an Awesome Runescape Forum-Invisionpower Board!!!!
                          Anyone else noticed Balthasorus signature?
                          Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

Originally posted by xjuliox View Post
                            Anyone else noticed Balthasorus signature?
                            I did its to bad the link is dead so go ahead and click it my license was TERMINATED

Comment

Originally posted by Balthasorus View Post
                              I did its to bad the link is dead so go ahead and click it my license was TERMINATED
                              <offtopic>hmmm?</offtopic>

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X