vBulletin License

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin License

hi sorry im new to this lol, does anyone know if you can do a monthly subscripton to v-bulletin or if any one can sell me a license with monthly payments using paypal reacuring payments until is paid off. as i cant afford to pay for a years payment but sertanly afford monthly payments.

thanks,

chris dickson

Originally posted by djdixie View Post
    hi sorry im new to this lol, does anyone know if you can do a monthly subscripton to v-bulletin or if any one can sell me a license with monthly payments using paypal reacuring payments until is paid off. as i cant afford to pay for a years payment but sertanly afford monthly payments.

thanks,

chris dickson
    Hi, as per the forum rules, this site does not allow solicitation of this kind.
    However, to answer your question, no; there's only two types of licenses available, leased and owned, so my suggestion is start saving or if you already operate a forum, set up a money drive.
    Last edited by Fusion; Sun 17th Feb '08, 1:33pm. Reason: I can't spell
    Toddler from Hell

Comment

i only have a host.

Comment

I am 99% sure they don't allow a monthly payment option, but you can contact support to find out for sure ..

http://www.vbulletin.com/contact_sales.php
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

No sorry, there is no monthly payment option.
          Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
          Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

We offer yearly payment of $85 and a 1 time payment of $160.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
              We offer yearly payment of $85 and a 1 time payment of $160.
              When you pay the $160 dont you pay an extra $30 after the first year?

Comment

That's an optional fee to renew your license for new versions after the first year.
                Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

So if i purchased the 80 package, how do i upgrade to the 160 package?

Comment

You can upgrade your license through your Member's area for (I believe) 60 days for another $85 when you first purchase it. After, you have to pay the full $160 to upgrade the license to an Owned.
                    Last edited by Onimua; Tue 19th Feb '08, 5:33pm. Reason: Small clarification
                    Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I believe you only have a certain amount of time to upgrade after you purchase the leased license.
                      "You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me."

Comment

Originally posted by djdixie View Post

thanks,

chris dickson
                        I doubt they would do that and allow you to use vBulletin while your still paying for it, as they have no real means as such of stopping the forum software from working if you stopped paying for it after you have it.

But that said, maybe a scheme were you pay so much each week till you pay the full amount, then they give you a license might be a novel idea. But then that's the same as just saving the money up in the bank and paying for it in full when you have the money together!

Comment

Originally posted by MRGTB View Post
                          But that said, maybe a scheme were you pay so much each week till you pay the full amount, then they give you a license might be a novel idea.
                          Novel indeed, but I rather doubt Jelsoft would want the extra management hassles of dealing with payment plans.
                          Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Fusion View Post
                            Novel indeed, but I rather doubt Jelsoft would want the extra management hassles of dealing with payment plans.
                            Exactly, and $180 isn't that much money considering the monthly payment made on most cars is almost double that.

Comment

Originally posted by Balthasorus View Post
                              When you pay the $160 dont you pay an extra $30 after the first year?
                              No, the $30 is a fee to get 12 more months of 'new version' downloads. It has nothing to do with the license fee granting you permission to run vB for an unlimited period of time. You do not have to pay the $30, as it is an optional fee. You can wait 3 or 4 years, and then pay the renewal fee and get access to the latest updates and versions.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X