Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[pw change] New Member/Support Password?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [pw change] New Member/Support Password?

just wondering, right now i've received a mail from Jelsoft that tells me that they have changed my pwd ...

it's normal? or it's phishing?

We've mailed out a new password to our customers. It is real. If in doubt, never click links from any email. Just type out the URL in the location bar of your browser and manually go there and login. Or contact us for authentication (which you just did)

Thanks for getting in touch about the recent password change on your vBulletin Members' Area account.

This step was taken as part of a general review of our security, privacy and anti-piracy operations. As a part of this review, a decision was made to more closely adhere to best practices in terms of password security, such as the use of good strong passwords with letters, numbers and punctuation.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. As stated in the email, this change will have no effect on on your assigned "priority support" forum accounts, the passwords for which remain unchanged.

Comment

perfect thanks Floris

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
        Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused. As stated in the email, this change will have no effect on on your assigned "priority support" forum accounts, the passwords for which remain unchanged.
        No problem! But please announce it somewhere. I guess we are not the only ones that were surprised by this email. Nowadays you can't trust anybody.
        That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
          No problem! But please announce it somewhere. I guess we are not the only ones that were surprised by this email. Nowadays you can't trust anybody.
          agreed ...

Comment

I don't want to tell Jelsoft how they should run their business but I wouldn't have done it different:
            Step 1: Announce the upcoming change of the passwords and remind them to update their contact information.
            Step 2: Give them some time and
            Step 3: Let them change their contact details so that they can receive the new pasword.
            Step 4: Change the passwords.

Edit:
            Sorry, I noticed there is already a thread going on with similar comments.
            That's the end of that!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X