what to do to drive traffic up on my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to do to drive traffic up on my site

what are some of you doing to boost traffic up to your site . i just started another or rather switched sites and wanted to do everything i can to boost traffic up and getting members to join up.

what should i do. i started doing google adsense, i just did google Analytics. i just wanted to know what other things or tricks others are doing. i want to get membership and page hits up.

my site
    www.gsx-rforum.com

Try and find relevant sites similar to yours and perhaps advertise in your signature? They have a lot of good advice over at vbseo.com
    - TomJames

Comment

Originally posted by TomJames View Post
      They have a lot of good advice over at vbseo.com
      Or most preferably The Admin Zone.
      You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

True , I use TAZ quite a lot, very good advice there as well.
        - TomJames

Comment

thanks.

i will register to those sites and check them out. i know by creating a sitemap thats helps also. how would i do that?

i would rather not spam other forums to get the site out there. but it would be my last resort i guess if i had to do it

Comment

Originally posted by TomJames View Post
            True , I use TAZ quite a lot, very good advice there as well.
            They even have a Launch Team for helping members' forums boost up traffic. I don't know whether it's still active anymore though.
            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

You can submit your site to free directories.
              Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

Originally posted by xjuliox View Post
                You can submit your site to free directories.
                got a list

Comment

Yeap! over 900 directories.

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=611761
                  Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

http://www.vbispy.com - how about a forum aggregator to promote your content?

Comment

Originally posted by DanaSoft View Post
                      http://www.vbispy.com - how about a forum aggregator to promote your content?
                      Got some stats on your service there ?
                      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

You could invest in Google Ad sense

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                          Got some stats on your service there ?
                          Hi, Dean. I had some person claim to get 150 members in two weeks after signing up with vbispy. I can't verify that claim, but its part of the feedback I've gotten. Traffic numbers for this site don't tell the whole story (and honestly I dont run any reports) because you load the page once and can let it run all day long and it'll never hit my site again. You could click off to dozens of sites, but my site would only ever register the first page view.

I considered adding counters for outgoing links to track the amount of traffic we send people; but just haven't gotten around to adding it. There are just shy of 100 active sites being polled; if a site fails 3 polls, it gets dropped from the list.

Anyways, it doesn't cost anything and could help drive some traffic your way. Since it works with the RSS feature of vB, you don't even have to install any software.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X