vBulletin Conference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin Conference?

How's come there isn't an annual convention of forum owners... a vB Convention. The trade show would be full of template vendors, hosts, monetization firms, and etc.

The 3 day conference would be full of topics like server issues, monetization, community development, moderator training, etc.

Everything else has a convention... why not vBulletin?

Need a venue, need someone to organise it as well. I'd recommend the NEC convention center .

Still the other problem is which country to hold it, but it would be a very cool event.
    - TomJames

Comment

I vote for this place!

http://pacificpalmsresort.com

And nearby Internet Brands HQ
      ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
      Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

If such an event did occur, I would try to go. It'd actually be kind of neat to also talk to administrators of larger sites to learn how they dealt with their growing sites and the kinds of methods they used help keep their site fast under high traffic. Having people also talk about how to kick-start a site and get a community going would be great too.

Would having the developers there be too much to ask?
        Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I doubt there would be enough interest. Communities are dynamic and whilst there's a set of common principles that you can use to try and make your forum success, what works for one person might not work for another. So Joe Bloggs can't just give a talk about how he made his forum successful and make it applicable to everyone else.
          Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
            I doubt there would be enough interest. Communities are dynamic and whilst there's a set of common principles that you can use to try and make your forum success, what works for one person might not work for another. So Joe Bloggs can't just give a talk about how he made his forum successful and make it applicable to everyone else.
            True, but that's also the case for many other things, such as video games etc. However people generally are interested in seeing how a peer managed to achieve something, or their views on something whether for pure interest or in the hope of using it themselves.

Though if they did an event like this they could always use it to show off upcoming vB version (vB4! ).

Oh well, wishful thinking
            - TomJames

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
              I vote for this place!

http://pacificpalmsresort.com

And nearby Internet Brands HQ
              I'm right there with ya, ManagerJosh! :-)

Comment

I hear Hawaii is not bad too.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X