• Computer Chat Show your server!

Just a topic to show off your vbulletin server :P

Here's mine:

Hopefully soon a picture when he is placed in his rack
    Dutch vBullletin users social group!

wow

is it in your house or what?

Comment

Currently @ work, but will be moved next month to a datacenter (Gyrocenter Amsterdam)

Comment

Uff, you want to see the vB-Server. Well, I don't know how it's looking (shared hosting)... But I could offer you shots from my server at home which works as router, fax- and fileserver
        Meow!

Please excuse my bad English.

Comment

Do you have to know everything about apache, php and mysql to run your own server or do they come preconfigured and ready to rock?
          I love lamp

Comment

If it's for a live environment then you really should know what you're doing before you do it yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by rellek View Post
              Uff, you want to see the vB-Server. Well, I don't know how it's looking (shared hosting)... But I could offer you shots from my server at home which works as router, fax- and fileserver
              Any server, homeservers included

Comment

Originally posted by Freezerator View Post
                Any server, homeservers included
                okay, you're the man

Here you see the server, "Knut II.":
                www.rellek.org/stuff/knut/JD500094.JPG

www.rellek.org/stuff/knut/JD500095.JPG
                This is everything, including the old server (Knut I.) (the case on the right), an old harddisk, 2 P3-Computers (currently not in use) and the box of my new GeForce 8800GTS 512 (which is of course not in the server :P)

www.rellek.org/stuff/knut/JD500097.JPG
                Knut II. inside. Please note that the machine is running! Thanks to the flashlight, no one will ever have noticed it (whoops )

Note the tigers hanging around... they support the firewall and prevent hackers from attacking Knut

If someone's interested... Knut II. is an AMD Athlon XP 2000+ on an Elitegroup K7S5A, 768 MB DDR-RAM PC266, 120 GB harddisk, ATI Rage 128 XPert 2000 32 MB SD-RAM AGP, Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition R2.
                Yes, I know, Win2k3 EE is a little bit overkill for my use, but I mean if it's free to me (MSNDAA), it's no problem.

Knut I. was an AMD K6-2 400 MHz on Tyan Trinity S1590S with 320 MB SD-RAM - but this SD-RAM got bad (according to memtest86) and I had no other SD-RAM left... So I used the rests of my old desktop PC to build Knut II.

Working really well
                Meow!

Comment

I've got 2 new ones, 4U, almost ready to ship off to colo. Waiting for the hard drives and controller to arrive so I can put them in.

I'll post the pics as soon as they are complete.
                  Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

Originally posted by rellek View Post
                    Working really well
                    A server crumbles into dust. Nice carpet.
                    That's the end of that!

Comment

Originally posted by MrNase View Post
                      A server crumbles into dust. Nice carpet.
                      You don't even believe _how_ dusty the air is here. Horst has a black case, I could clean it twice a week And if I tell you that Knut II. is runnning since 02/2006 without any hardware changes (and without any clean ups ), you will agree that it's "within specs"
                      Let's see, if Knut gets heat-problems in summer, I'll maybe grab a vacuum cleaner

And leave my carpet alone, it is older than me
                      Meow!

Comment

So so, Im Burgenland ists staubiger als im Kohlenpott!?

Have you ever thought about that the carpet might be responsible for all that dust? Not all old things are good.
                        That's the end of that!

Comment

So so, Im Burgenland ists staubiger als im Kohlenpott!?
                          Das lässt sich an einer Bundesstraße leider nicht vermeiden.

Have you ever thought about that the carpet might be responsible for all that dust? Not all old things are good.
                          No I haven't as a room (in the same house) without carpet suffers from the same air including the same pollution of things.
                          Meow!

Comment

Omg, the dust @ your servers

But nice to have 2 servers @ home

Comment

My servers sit somewhere in this room..

ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                              Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X