Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft offered nearly $45B to buy Yahoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• simsim
    replied
    Originally posted by Boofo View Post
    Even Microsoft will never be able to afford to buy Google. Look for Google to make an offer on Microsoft one of these days.
    Indeed. I really wonder if it will happen someday when people begin to call Google evil and throw at all the hatred they're throwing at Microsoft nowadays. I know for sure there are Google fanboys everywhere already.

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    Even Microsoft will never be able to afford to buy Google. Look for Google to make an offer on Microsoft one of these days.

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
    And Yahoo costs 38.33B. Why would MS offer nearly 7B more?
    How could Yahoo! become interested if Microsoft does not offer them more than their market value?

Leave a comment:

• Mazinger
    replied
    And Yahoo costs 38.33B. Why would MS offer nearly 7B more?

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    Thing is Google would cost too much. If yahoo is costing them 45 billion, god knows how much google would cost.
    Google worth +148$ billion dollars according to Yahoo!

Leave a comment:

• MRGTB
    replied
    Originally posted by Boofo View Post
    Remember, Bill gates said at the on-set of the Internet that is would never go anywhere or be of use to anyone. Yes, they have a good market share now, bit if Bill gates had 20/20 hindisght, maybe Google would be called Moogle and Bill Gates would be the richest guy in the Universe.
    He is the richest guy is the Universe already

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
    Exactly how I think about that too.
    Thing is Google would cost too much. If yahoo is costing them 45 billion, god knows how much google would cost.

Leave a comment:

• Mazinger
    replied
    Originally posted by Martin Meredith View Post
    It's when Microsoft Buys Google that you want to be scared
    Exactly how I think about that too.

Leave a comment:

• Jason2
    replied
    We've been talking about this over at my site here.

From me:

Microsoft has offered to buy the popular search engine company Yahoo for 44.6bn in cash and shares.

This is a move to designed to create a more credible competitor to industry leader Google Inc. (GOOG) and deepen Microsoft's position in the market for online business software.

There is to be a conference call to discuss the proposal at 8:30 a.m. EST. The company is to present a strategic update for analysts Monday in New York.
    I think it's a waste of time, I just cannot see Yahoo getting to where they want to be.

I think Microsoft should part with Google lol.

Regards Jason

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    Originally posted by doshomik View Post
    Think yahoo! accepts the buyout offer. what it means to vBulletin developer, since vB 3.7 is/will use yahoo's UI API ?
    Unless they change YUI license which is an open source license, nothing should change. I wonder what will happen to flickr though.

Leave a comment:

• Onimua
    replied
    Originally posted by doshomik View Post
    Think yahoo! accepts the buyout offer. what it means to vBulletin developer, since vB 3.7 is/will use yahoo's UI API ?
    YUI is open source, so it should remain unaffected.

Leave a comment:

• doshomik
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Freesteyelz
    replied
    MS took the stock market (and practically the world's market) to soaring heights.

Leave a comment:

• ---MAD---
    replied
    Originally posted by Freesteyelz View Post
    I don't believe there will be any company to do what MS did in the 90's.
    What did they do in the 90's :O?

Leave a comment:

• Freesteyelz
    replied
    Originally posted by Greps View Post
    Google buying Microsoft seems more likely, considering Google's growth rate.

I don't believe there will be any company to do what MS did in the 90's.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X