Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Microsoft offered nearly $45B to buy Yahoo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AWS View Post
    I guess since you dislike Microsoft and feel it is a security risk to use the software that you don't use Windows or any of their products do you?

I'm sure you wouldn't waste your money on inferior and vulnerable products.

I didn't know someone had surpassed him. I know Mark Cuban was close a couple years ago and since has dropped down a bit.
    Man with monopoly on mexican telecom infrastructure, if I recall correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Meredith View Post
      It's when Microsoft Buys Google that you want to be scared
      Google buying Microsoft seems more likely, considering Google's growth rate.

Comment

Even if MS had an interest in Google, who says Google has an interest in MS

Comment

Originally posted by simsim View Post
          Would the new company be called "Microhoo!"? "Yasoft" looks more like a Japanese nomenclature.
          No no, for that it would be "Super Exciting Robot Danger A-GO GO Yasoft Extreme Challenge Hyper Explosion".
          Originally posted by Floris View Post
          Even if MS had an interest in Google, who says Google has an interest in MS
          Don't be evil.

Comment

This is a smart acquisition for MS and Yahoo. Google only rose to 17% earnings which was less than what they projected and Yahoo is up and coming. I think it also shows the confidence in U.S. economy. Their proforma for the early and long-term must show something we don't see.

When you speak of wealth do keep in mind of personal holdings versus overall holdings in stocks and companies. Cuban doesn't come close to Gates when you speak of overall wealth.

As for the speculation of MS and Google, I don't see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Greps View Post
              Google buying Microsoft seems more likely, considering Google's growth rate.

I don't believe there will be any company to do what MS did in the 90's.

Comment

Originally posted by Freesteyelz View Post
                I don't believe there will be any company to do what MS did in the 90's.
                What did they do in the 90's :O?

Comment

MS took the stock market (and practically the world's market) to soaring heights.

Comment

Think yahoo! accepts the buyout offer. what it means to vBulletin developer, since vB 3.7 is/will use yahoo's UI API ?

Comment

Originally posted by doshomik View Post
                      Think yahoo! accepts the buyout offer. what it means to vBulletin developer, since vB 3.7 is/will use yahoo's UI API ?
                      YUI is open source, so it should remain unaffected.
                      Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

Originally posted by doshomik View Post
                        Unless they change YUI license which is an open source license, nothing should change. I wonder what will happen to flickr though.
                        You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

We've been talking about this over at my site here.

From me:

Microsoft has offered to buy the popular search engine company Yahoo for 44.6bn in cash and shares.

This is a move to designed to create a more credible competitor to industry leader Google Inc. (GOOG) and deepen Microsoft's position in the market for online business software.

There is to be a conference call to discuss the proposal at 8:30 a.m. EST. The company is to present a strategic update for analysts Monday in New York.
                          I think it's a waste of time, I just cannot see Yahoo getting to where they want to be.

I think Microsoft should part with Google lol.

Regards Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Martin Meredith View Post
                            It's when Microsoft Buys Google that you want to be scared
                            Exactly how I think about that too.
                            $post[signature]

Comment

Originally posted by Mazinger View Post
                              Exactly how I think about that too.
                              Thing is Google would cost too much. If yahoo is costing them 45 billion, god knows how much google would cost.

Comment

Originally posted by Boofo View Post
                                Remember, Bill gates said at the on-set of the Internet that is would never go anywhere or be of use to anyone. Yes, they have a good market share now, bit if Bill gates had 20/20 hindisght, maybe Google would be called Moogle and Bill Gates would be the richest guy in the Universe.
                                He is the richest guy is the Universe already

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X