Best FTP Client for Macs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best FTP Client for Macs

I need a FTP client for my iMac, and I can't seem to find any decent ones. I've heard about Transmit, but I'm going to stick with free software...

Any suggestions?

Originally posted by chaselafon View Post
    I need a FTP client for my iMac, and I can't seem to find any decent ones. I've heard about Transmit, but I'm going to stick with free software...

Any suggestions?
    If you're looking for free FTP software you should check out Cyberduck and OneButton.

Comment

CaptainFTP
      http://captainftp.xdsnet.de/

Comment

I am using Transmit and YummyFTP

Comment

Transmit doesn't have 2 very simple features I need:

1. only displaying hidden files in FTP view (why would I want to see all the local hidden files?)
          2. sorting files/folders by name in FTP view separately, not all together (files below folders)

can't believe an app that actually costs money doesn't have such simple functionality.

ad YummyFTP look plain ugly. so I'm stuck using FTPRush on Vista over Parallels.

Comment

I have bought Transmit and I love it.
            I even use it to connect to my iPod Touch and to my dBox (Linux-based recorder for pay TV).
            That's the end of that!

Comment

Cyberduck is the best bet.

Comment

Transmit is the best. Hands down.

I'm a fan of free software too, but I bought Transmit.

Comment

I'm using Smart FTP on XP and wondering what equivalent there is for OSX in terms of feature set.

Comment

Personally I find Transmit to be the best FTP solution on OS X, but if you're restricting the list down to free software.. Cyberduck would be the best #2, in my mind.

I don't find those to be requisite features, btw. If I need to see htaccess or other hidden files I turn on the feature -- who cares if I see some extra hidden files on my local drive? It'd be nice, but eh, not a dealbreaker for me at all.
                    www.warboards.org

Comment

Transmit 3 isn't free, but is by far the best OS X FTP client, in my opinion. If you want free, though, give CyberDuck a try.

Also, ForkLift (currently at 1.5 beta) has a Transmit client built right in.
                      Forums

Comment

Terminal
                        I wrote ImpEx.

Blog | Me

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                          Transmit 3 isn't free, but is by far the best OS X FTP client, in my opinion. If you want free, though, give CyberDuck a try.

Also, ForkLift (currently at 1.5 beta) has a Transmit client built right in.
                          Transmit might not be free, but it is very affordable. Compared to cyberduck : totally worth the money.

Comment

I use Cyberduck and ForkLift. Each has its own benefits, but most of the time I find myself using Cyberduck because it's more lightweight and it's a little easier to get things done.

Comment

I use transmit and really love it.

For kicks I downloaded the demo of cuteftp for mac and I have to say that seems pretty nice as well. I don't plan on switching but it seems very similar to the windows version.
                              Bob- (pank)
                              pankpages.com / http://twitter.com/_pank

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X