X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JamieinNH
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

vBDrupal seems to have a better implementation in my view. Only because I like the vBulletin profile system a lot better than Drupal's.
    Hey Wayne,

I know this is an old thread, but people are still searching for a connection between vBulletin and Drupal so I wanted to share with you that even under vbDrupal the profiles are handled by Drupal. The only thing I can see for the vb Profile is a link in the Drupal profile...

Double clicking... Click My account to get to the Drupal user profile and then within that there is a link to the vb Profile.

Not an ideal situation at all..

Let's cross our fingers that vb 4.0 Suite is good to go and then for most community sites there will be little need for Drupal. (I am not knocking it as I am beginning to love it)

Leave a comment:

• SaN-DeeP
    replied
    We have a vbulletin powered forum, can we use drupal CMS to same ?

We want that all existing users should also be properly able to use the portal.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I can't really tell you. I have not used the Drupal VB solution.

vBDrupal seems to have a better implementation in my view. Only because I like the vBulletin profile system a lot better than Drupal's. However vBDrupal is still tied to Drupal 5 as well. It would be nice if they updated to Drupal 6.

Leave a comment:

• TomJames
    replied
    So I'm assuming that means that new users would all be added to the Drupal database, would that cause a problem if I wanted to remove Drupal and export the user database back to vBulletin at a later date for whatever reason?

Would it even be possible to do that? The main draw of vbDrupal is the ease of removing it if I wanted to.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by TomJames View Post
    Wow that looks pretty good, not quite as deep integration as you get with vbDrupal but it looks as though it's updated more often. Though as Deriel said, odd that it makes Drupals user-base the primary one.

That is because Drupal is licensed under the GPL and can't truly be integrated with vBulletin due to incompatible licenses. They simply get around this by using Drupal's user system. I doubt vBDrupal is even compliant with the GPL license in its implementation. Maybe the LGPL but that is another issue.

Leave a comment:

• TomJames
    replied
    Wow that looks pretty good, not quite as deep integration as you get with vbDrupal but it looks as though it's updated more often. Though as Deriel said, odd that it makes Drupals user-base the primary one.

Leave a comment:

• Deriel
    replied
    Originally posted by simsim View Post
    You may want to check out this.
    It's nice to the Drupal vB alive and kicking

This one

Drupal vB turns Drupal's user-base into the primary user-base
    should be the inverse to me :|

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    You may want to check out this.

Leave a comment:

• TomJames
    replied
    Yes, it's a pity. I'm very tempted to use vbDrupal but it's quickly falling behind the main Drupal development line.

Leave a comment:

• DDIG
    replied
    Or not...

See, that's the problem. No offence.

Leave a comment:

• DDIG
    replied
    I noticed this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255264

And I would love to hear from el_muerte if this has anything to do with anything.

Is it your intention to let others create a vbDrupal fork? Do you need / want assistance? I can imagene that all these calls for help seem egocentric, you've got a point there. But I'd say: make a statement, here and on vbDrupal, that would help a lot. I myself am definately willing to assist wherever I can.

Leave a comment:

• Deriel
    replied
    Originally posted by simsim View Post
    Joomla? Yikes! Drupal FTW.
    I agree with you. But the forums in Drupal are the worst part of the it and the integration with vB isn't that good. The vbDrupal is a possibility, but we need vbDrupal with Drupal 6.

vBulletin is the core of my solution. I need something that integrates nicely with vB and Joomla! have this solution (more than one, in fact), Drupal do not - yet.

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    Originally posted by Deriel View Post
    I heard some good reviews from solutions using Joomla! 1.5.x + JFusion + vBulletin
    Joomla? Yikes! Drupal FTW.

Leave a comment:

• Deriel
    replied
    I heard some good reviews from solutions using Joomla! 1.5.x + JFusion + vBulletin

Leave a comment:

• DDIG
    replied
    Originally posted by El_Muerte View Post
    ...The other two sollutions (drupalvb and drupaltin) are either very outdated, or only provide a partial solution..
    As much as I appreciate the hard work (I really do!), it seems to me that vbDrupal is outdated as well at this moment. I am facing a decision as to what CMS I am going to deploy for a new portal.

The lack of any comment on when a version of vbDrupal 6.x is bound to see the light of day makes me question if vbDrupal keeps beeing updated.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X