Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bmilder
    replied
    I'm currently running a Middle-earth Poetry Contest at my site. The publishers of Lord of the Rings were kind enough to donate a free set of the trilogy as a prize .

Leave a comment:

• Nicky
    replied
    I have run the same competition offline and it was very popular as it is good enough. You have a lot of photos though, I think you cannot make it too hard if not members do not think they have a chance of winning.

Leave a comment:

• amykhar
    replied
    My members are having a blast with this contest right now:

http://www.epinionaddicts.com/module...ote&file=index

The prize is a $25 Amazon gift certificate, but I think the members really don't care about the prize, they just enjoyed participating.

Amy

Leave a comment:

• Fred
    replied
    My first contest was this:

There were 3 winners. IT was for the highest post count. In order to become a nominey, you need to have 2000 posts (if you werrent a mod). IF you were a mod, you need 3000 posts.

The top 3 highest post count members won prizes.

Grand prize: $120 mic for lyricalists
    2nd prize: Truthugs.com t shirt and a $30 gift certificate to CDnow.com
    3rd prize: Truthugs.com t shirt.

This brought my board very popular and big.

Then I had another contest 1 month ago for another mic. This mic costed $250 and was for mc's only. There was a huge mc tournament on my forums that had about 60 mc's entered.

Probably brought my member count from 500 - 900. Mega publicity since I had a very good forum, but was very new. So they all stayed at my forums, even after the contest is over.

Planning on having a contest every month once I start making ad revenue. My next prize I hope to be Playstation 2.

Leave a comment:

• fastforward
    started a topic Ideas for a Competition

Ideas for a Competition

A company has offered to contribute the prize for a competion on dbforums.com but I'm struggling to come up with an idea. Several obvious ones come to mind:
    • Number of posts (encourages pointless posts just to boost the count)
    • Member ratings (number of members is relatively small and the board is too new for this to work well)
    • Thread ratings (same as above)
      Referrals (not sure how easy this is to track or if it's open to abuse)

Anybody have any success stories they'd like to share
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X