Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice with domain names

Hello...

A while ago, I was doing some casual searching for domain names, and I noticed that there was a particular domain name that was available in every domain extension, one that I felt could be pretty good to invest in. The domains are:

theoregonducks.com
    theoregonducks.net
    theoregonducks.org
    theoregonducks.info

What do you recommend I do in terms of getting the most amount of money out of these domains? eBay? Contact the Ducks organization and offer it to them? I don't know how much I can get for these. That is one of the issues, as well.

Any advice is great, especially if you've sold domain names in the past. I do thank you for that.

Would anyone be able to give me advice? I would definitely appreciate it.

Comment

I'm not sure what the status is there, but from what I remb, here in the UK an organisation can legally take the domain off you if you buy it and try to 'squat' it or extort money from a company that is legally entitled to it.
      What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Razorsharp is right, and it applies to Canada and the US as well.

Comment

I would at least buy the .com, .net and .org TLDs and set them up to redirect to a fan site that you can put up using Drupal or some other such site. At least try to build a community if you're going to buy them.

Comment

I only try to purchase domain names I actually use, not because they're available

You can put the 4 domains on the sitepoint marketplace and offer it for the amount of time you have it registered + transfer costs & registration + renewal costs.

If you only recently registered the domain don't expect more then $50

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X