Presidential Debate, Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Presidential Debate, Anyone?

I love these debates, which is odd because I can't vote.

Anyways... if I could vote, I'd definetley pick Barack Obama. I agree with his views on a few key points; ie:

- End the War in Iraq
    - Secure the Borders
    - Affordable health care
    - Supporting gay marriage
    - Separation of church and state
    - Addressing the mortgage crisis

... discuss.

Sorry Obama and Osama sound two close.
    ~ Contests, Games, Awards, Discusions, and much more! ~

Comment

Originally posted by no mods View Post
      Sorry Obama and Osama sound two close.
      Hopefully you're kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by chaselafon View Post
        I love these debates, which is odd because I can't vote.

Anyways... if I could vote, I'd definetley pick Barack Obama. I agree with his views on a few key points; ie:

- End the War in Iraq
        - Secure the Borders
        - Affordable health care
        - Supporting gay marriage
        - Separation of church and state
        - Addressing the mortgage crisis

... discuss.
        All of the candidates would like to secure the borders, the difference is in how they're going to do it and if they'll actually take steps to do it.

Affordable health care is another thing that all of the candidates are saying they want and again it's about how they plan on doing it. The Democratic candidates would like to see some form of universal healthcare while the Republican candidates would like to see more privatized healthcare, including health savings accounts.

As for the separation of church and state, agree with it or not it's in the Constitution but has been taken out of context many times, so I suppose it depends on what about it in particular that you agree with him on.

Comment

I would not start using this forum to debate political views, as it will degrade quite quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by chaselafon View Post
            Hopefully you're kidding.
            Nope im not. I dont follow politics al all. But two me a guy named Obama just doesn't sound trustworthy.

Comment

Nope im not. I dont follow politics al all. But two me a guy named Obama just doesn't sound trustworthy.
              His name is Barack Hussein Obama. His father was Kenyan and his mother was American. He is a Christian. For more, you can read his website or the entry on Wikipedia.

Comment

I'm not from the US, but I still have an opinion about this. In my eyes none of the candidates are good enough, and I'm dissapointed US can't come up with something better. Afterall they do have alot more people to choose from, than most other countries.

But since we have no other choice, I vote for Obama. Though I must say, I'm quite worried about his lack of expirence.

-Pet

Comment

He has more serious issues then beening inexperience. Once you have tried something like he admitted to, you will always be tempted to use it again. Stress tends to get a hold on weak minded people, but I am sure he has beating the habbit.

I prefer Hillary Rodham Clinton, as she has better credibility and it should of been Al Gore in 2000 and John Kerry in 2004, but who new so many people would vote for such a [strike_temp]sart[/strike_temp] smart man

Comment

Well again, if I REALLY had to choose.. I wouldn't choose any of em!

I don't think US is ready for a female president yet, though I must admit I like seeing a woman run for office. Very refreshing.

-Pet

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k View Post
                      His name is Barack Hussein Obama. His father was Kenyan and his mother was American. He is a Christian. For more, you can read his website or the entry on Wikipedia.
                      Barack Hussein Obama
                      Saddam Hussein

Keeps getting worse for him haha.

Comment

Barack Hussein Obama
                        Saddam Hussein

I'm sure most people might think the same of anyone named george from the US, or Bill.

Comment

Barack Hussein Obama
                          Saddam Hussein

Hmmmm... so you're put off someone because of their name? What about his political stance? You know, the stuff that actually matters

And if it really is something that makes it 'worse' for him to some, then the pathetic people who do think that way deserve what they get.
                          What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

• - End the War in Iraq - {Never going to happen, as the US has to much in stake with the oil in that Country, I see US take into policing the country borders and oil flow}
                            • - Secure the Borders - {From who? did you forget Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh or the Unabomber Theodore Kaczynski}
                            • - Affordable health care - {Only Hillary Rodham Clinton has the real plan to fix this (join Canada }
                            • - Supporting gay marriage - {Never will be support from every state}
                            • - Separation of church and state - {Not in your life time or your childrens}
                            • - Addressing the mortgage crisis - {Give it five to seven years and something else will take it places}

Comment

I'd pick Obama, becuase his website is absolutely gorgeous.
                              Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X