Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dreamhost = Fatfingers, overbilled 7m in charges on customers credit cards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mez
    replied
    Originally posted by Dean C View Post
    But as soon as you go into the red with your bank your credit rating is permanently affected. I'm pretty sure DreamHost cannot compensate for that
    Untrue. Your credit rating is only affected if you default on the amount, or go to court over it.

Leave a comment:

• Dean C
    replied
    Originally posted by Weapon-x View Post
    I've heard today some people are trying to sue Dream Host for um.......exactly what? It was an accident I don't see a point in trying to sue them because Dream Host will probably win. People are getting there money back and Dream Host is paying for the over charges what closed peoples credit cards and bank accounts. So what is the point in suing over nothing?
    I agree to some extent, and paying the fees that the banks charged for their customers becoming overdrawn is sensible too. But as soon as you go into the red with your bank your credit rating is permanently affected. I'm pretty sure DreamHost cannot compensate for that

Leave a comment:

• MrNase
    replied
    Americans love to sue for damages.

Leave a comment:

• Weapon-x
    replied
    I about soiled my pants when I got an email saying I owed over $500.00 for a web hosting bill. I was thinking wow my website got popular over night.

I don't think less of DreamHost anymore because they are honestly one of the best hosts out there, Accidents happen and they worked really hard to refund out money and it was an success. So don't hold a grudge against them for a human error. Nothing is perfect.

I've heard today some people are trying to sue Dream Host for um.......exactly what? It was an accident I don't see a point in trying to sue them because Dream Host will probably win. People are getting there money back and Dream Host is paying for the over charges what closed peoples credit cards and bank accounts. So what is the point in suing over nothing?
    Last edited by Weapon-x; Tue 15 Jan '08, 7:18pm.

Leave a comment:

• Dreamhost = Fatfingers, overbilled 7m in charges on customers credit cards.

A billing software issues combined with human error = a 7.5 million dollar mistake where Dreamhost erroneously billed hundreds of dollars against client credit and debit cards.

Dreamhost said they'd credit the overdraft charges which is nice but you may want ot check your accounts before your rent check bounces.

http://www.dreamhoststatus.com/2008/...illing-issues/
    http://blog.dreamhost.com/
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X