Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dreamhost = Fatfingers, overbilled 7m in charges on customers credit cards.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Martin Meredith View Post
    Untrue. Your credit rating is only affected if you default on the amount, or go to court over it.
    Not here in the States, Mez. If you exceed your "credit limit" on your card, your credit rating is affected as well.
    ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
    Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Weapon-x View Post
      Honestly this topic subject needs to be changed. Let me explain since I am a Dream Host customer. The totally amount from every user they charged added up to 7.5M. Dream Host cashed in 7.5M but had to give it all back because of a human error, which really is totally acceptable because well humans make errors. No one is perfect. Unless your Chuck Norris!
      Errors are almost never acceptable. If the error was acceptable you wouldn't correct it. Also, errors are always human made. "computer/software errors" are called faults or defects.
      Magicball Network - Little Big Adventure Community [admin]
      the Unreal Admin Page - Unreal Tournament Server Administration Community [admin]
      vbDrupal - Drupal integration with vBulletin [core developer]

Comment

Originally posted by El_Muerte View Post
        Errors are almost never acceptable. If the error was acceptable you wouldn't correct it. Also, errors are always human made. "computer/software errors" are called faults or defects.
        Well everyone got there money back. So I really don't see much of a problem anymore.

Comment

Not unless your credit rating took a hit...
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
            Not unless your credit rating took a hit...
            Well I talked to a few people from Dream Host and they said everyones credit rating is fixed to. They explained the problem to many banks and credit places and all is fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X