Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Internet security do you use on Windows?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matrix Leader
    replied
    Bitdefender Internet Security Here

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    Avast anti-virus
    Windows Firewall
    Windows Defender

just those. my pc was never compromised, and I can't remember the last virus I had.

Leave a comment:

• Balthasorus
    replied
    Mcafee and Norton

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveTomneyUK View Post
    I use Windows Live OneCare and I have had no problems or viruses, spyware etc since running it.
    I've got this running on a friends' system now and after a week I've been informed she's quite pleased with it.

Leave a comment:

• kuyenmotdivad
    replied
    I use Windows Live OneCare and I have had no problems or viruses, spyware etc since running it.

Leave a comment:

• dkon26
    replied
    I use zone alarm security suite. It works great! Never did like norton.

Leave a comment:

• jeffinj
    replied
    Norton Internet Security trial version. I might install zone alarm when this one expires.

Leave a comment:

• Boofo
    replied
    I'm running the best combination there is for Windows XP.

Firewall: Comodo Firewall Pro (FREE) + Netgear Firewall Router (Hardware)
    Anti-virus: NOD32
    Spyware: PCTools Spyware Doctor

And throw in PCTools ThreatFire for backup scans and nothing has a chance to even think about getting through.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    I've learned a lot from grc.com - steve gibson is awesome and I listen to his weekly podcasts

Leave a comment:

• Marc Smith
    replied
    Originally posted by Floris View Post
    I also run snitch on osx.
    Same here - Snitch is really nice. For my Mac (Mac person since 1986) I've never used any virus protection. I have at least one Mac online 24/7.

But - I also have a PC with XP. It's on a direct connect to the internet with a static IP. Before XP I ran Windows 2000. I used Tiny Personal Firewall when I had 2000 on it but since I did the XP upgrade all I use is the built in firewall. That PC has been connected 24/7/365 for over 7 years now without a problem (other than replacing the power supply twice). I use the PC for some client work, as a 'home server', as a web server for a small personal web site and as an ftp server.

I do keep a series of backups 'just in case', but as long as one is careful with emails (I run all my email through spamcop first) and is reasonably careful about web sites one visits (and using Firefox doesn't hurt), one shouldn't have a problem.

I do recommend using GRC's 'Shields Up' routinely to verify all ports are closed other than ones you know 'should' be open (such as my having ftp and http ports open in my case). I use Shields Up to check my Macs and my PC.

Leave a comment:

• Shining Arcanine
    replied
    I use the Windows XP SP2 Firewall and Firefox with NoScript, Adblock Plus and Filterset.G. I also use Spybot's immunizations. I do not use anything else, unless my NAT router counts.

I used to use an antivirus scanner and third party firewall, but I decided that what I have now is sufficient. Every few years, I scan my PC for viruses with free online virus scanners and it turns out to be virus free.

Leave a comment:

• Shazz™
    replied
    None, Im just careful what I do.

Leave a comment:

• Player-63
    replied
    Protection: Router Firewall + Windows Live One Care

The package works very well together the system can run a virus scan and i can still play wow with 80+ FPS

When i had NIS i had to stop the scan to carry on playing wow.

Leave a comment:

• class101
    replied
    Kaspersky is by far #1 on windows

Leave a comment:

• Mark K
    replied
    Originally posted by JakeS
    How is sophos Anti-virus doing? Because I haven't heard of anything new from them recently, well besides the fact its on all the collage computers.
    They are still going great, they've incorperated HIPS protection into the Any-Virus scanning now, so anything that runs suspiciously will pop up like a trojan and ask you for permission.

Similar to Spywareterminator, this stops anything being installed on your computer without your permission.

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X