Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is called 'Anarchy' to let people do what they want to do. Teenages tend to think in those lines. They already made a banned and also trans fat cooking in restaurants. They should up the drinking age to 25 or limit the consumption per person and or need a card to buy a drink at any restaurant and then you can somewhat till how much they already had consume.

Comment

I think smoking should be banned everywhere, even in homes. I think the government should be able to tell us when and where we can smoke. I think they should be able to regulate seatbelts, motorcycle helmets, water usage, toilets, shower heads, fat foods, drinking, drugs, excercise and even the thermostat in my home.

I think this way because I care not about freedom and am too stupid to take care of myself and decide what's right for me. Furthermore, I want all of my dislikes regulated and imposed on everyone else as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dodgeboard.com View Post
        I think smoking should be banned everywhere, even in homes. I think the government should be able to tell us when and where we can smoke. I think they should be able to regulate seatbelts, motorcycle helmets, water usage, toilets, shower heads, fat foods, excercise and even the thermostat in my home.

I think this way because I care not about freedom and am too stupid to take care of myself and decide what's right for me. Furthermore, I want all of my dislikes regulated and imposed on everyone else as well.
        Aaah, the voice of reason.

Thank you, dodgeboard.com!
        "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

I was joking, of course.

I wish the government would stay the hell out of my life (when it comes to deciding whats best for my personal safety) and let me sin a little. I wanna buy an island and start my own free country.

Comment

I was joking, of course.

I wish the government would stay the hell out of my life (when it comes to deciding whats best for my personal safety) and let me sin a little.
            Yeah I know you were being sarcastic.

That's why I said you were the voice of reason.

It's ridiculous how people can seemingly no longer think for themselves.
            "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

dodgeboard.com were is is your sarcastic smilie... the wink gave it away. Alot of institution came about this way, but most had the blade of the sword on your neck if you did not change your ways.

Originally posted by Creepshow View Post
              Yeah I know you were being sarcastic.

That's why I said you were the voice of reason.

It's ridiculous how people can seemingly no longer think for themselves.
              Whao! lets not get out of control here. If you want all these things, then go into politics... or live out in the bush.

Comment

What's crazy is; people think this is about smoking. Because smoking is something they agree with banning, they are for taking away the liberties of others. But when it comes down to something they do or like.....oh NO!

Many people are not seeing the big picture- they want to pick and choose which liberties are important.

P.S. I don't smoke.

Comment

What's crazy is; people think this is about smoking. Because smoking is something they agree with banning, they are for taking away the liberties of other. But when it comes down to something they do or like.....oh NO!

Many people are not seeing the big picture- they want to pick and choose which liberties are important.

P.S. I don't smoke.
                  I love you.

...not literally, you understand!

You speak sense.

For the record, I don't smoke either (only very occasionally, and socially), but for some reason many people in this thread have jumped to the conclusion that I do.

Comment

The thing that makes democracy based on capitalism work, is for business owners to decide, under their own freedom what type of establishment or even what type of people they will target. Last time I checked, tobacco was legal. Business owners should decide what the rules of the establishment are, and let the customers vote with their pocketbook. I've never seen anyone forced into a business by gunpoint or coersion. Let the people who are offended go somewhere else, and let the employess practice the same freedom to decide where they want to work (or don't).

Comment

Whoa whoa whoa, if you think smokers go around deliberately blowing smoke in people's faces to upset them, then you are an ignorant prat.
                      Obviously comprehension isn't your strong point.

I said in Australia it is an offense. I didn't say all smokers deliberately go around doing it to upset people.

I have no problem with personal freedoms, i'm all for them - so long as they don't hurt anybody else. Smoking in a public place harms other people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
                        Obviously comprehension isn't your strong point.

I said in Australia it is an offense. I didn't say all smokers deliberately go around doing it to upset people.

I have no problem with personal freedoms, i'm all for them - so long as they don't hurt anybody else. Smoking in a public place harms other people.
                        Those people have chosen to go into those places right? Places that they know allow smoking.

If I walk out into the street and get hit by a car, it's my fault.

Comment

Uh, that's exactly my point, and the point of the whole thread. It shouldn't be allowed.

If they were to walk onto your property and breathe your smoke, then it's their own fault. But I fail to see how walking through the shops and breathing smoke is the same thing?

Comment

Who's property is that shop?

Do you want to be able to regulate what goes on in your own home, to guests and your family?

Why should it be any different for my business?

I should be able to decide who I sell widgets to and how I operate my business. If I want to smoke, drink, eat, snort aspirin, listen to rap, or even light my hair on fire, I should be free to do so. I OWN THE PROPERTY!!

Why should you be able to dictate to me how I should run my business? I'm not forcing you to shop here.

Comment

Keep the doors closed, and make a point of saying that the shop is full of carcinogen and it's fine with me.

Anyway, I've made my point. Good luck with whatever it is you're trying to prove.

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
                                Keep the doors closed, and make a point of saying that the shop is full of carcinogen and it's fine with me.
                                Agreed- Just like those signs that advertised "Microwave in Use", I think smoking establishments should post a sign or notice of some kind.

Sounds like we have reached some common ground.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X