Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool, Normal, Warm or Custom setting on your LCD monitor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess.. In your example, I purchased the $200.00 model, even though it cost more than the cheap brands they were pushing. My monitor doesn't have "Cool" or "Warm" settings in its menu.. it has 5400K, 6500K, 7500K, 9300K, sRGB and User Color... It is set to 6500K which I would assume is what it shipped with since I have never changed it.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

6500 kelvin is the standard temperature used by the entire industry for on-screen display. It has a colour temperature approximating that of the sun on a bright, sunny day.

Comment

6500K here too on my monitors.

Comment

Originally posted by Kier View Post
          6500 kelvin is the standard temperature used by the entire industry for on-screen display. It has a colour temperature approximating that of the sun on a bright, sunny day.
          6500K is just a standard default setting, if it was a set standard there would be no need for variations for color temperature. Televisions, which today are just monitors, can not have a set standard as the film industry does not have one. If you watch a movie that was filmed outside, closely, you can tell where scenes where edited together by the differences in color temperature.

The value chosen to be "standard" for TV's can also change from country to country and can vary from 6500K to 7100K.

Comment

I tend to disagree, I see a clear difference in computer monitors and todays tv monitors.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X