accountability for posts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accountability for posts

Doesn't the standard Forum Rules (that members agree to during registration) exempt me from accountability for libel that members of my forum may post?

portion of Forum Rules:
    All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of myjunkysite, nor Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message.

It also depends on the countries laws. Germany for example requires you to moderate new posts. Because once published on your website, you are made responsible for whatever content it has. Even if you didn't know about it.
    selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by Lenni View Post
      It also depends on the countries laws. Germany for example requires you to moderate new posts. Because once published on your website, you are made responsible for whatever content it has. Even if you didn't know about it.
      Can you explain what prompted German lawmakers to propose (and let alone pass) such a strict set of laws? The notion of editorial responsibility has traversed the net for quite a few years, but unless I'm way off, Germany is the first country to actually act on it.
      Toddler from Hell

Comment

Originally posted by Lenni View Post
        You serious?? that's insane. then craigslist won't survive in germany then!

Comment

Yeah, that is pretty ridiculous. I can't imagine trying to pick up traffict whilst moderating every post that comes through my board. I'd lose the few users I do have at the moment.

And if that didn't happen, I'd sure need a lot of moderators.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X