3.7 Features you will use or not use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.7 Features you will use or not use

3.7 Beta has been out for a while, and after some testing I'm sure most Admins now have a feel for what new features they will use or not use. For myself:

Will use:

Different Status Icons,
    Prefixes, and
    Albums.

I really love that members can leave profile messages,

As my site's emphasize is on the forum, I turned off Social Groups, and as well:

I turned off Profile Customization (for the time being, but I doubt I'll turn it on as I plan to heavily modify the associated templates),
    Tags, and
    Social Bookmarks.

Which features will you use most, and which the least?

Will use...

- Spam control
    - Tags
    - Custom profiles

Everything else I'll either turn off (eg: the albums & social groups) or just not take advantage off yet.
    [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

I'll use everything.
      Especially spam control.
      www.christianforumsite.com
      sigpic

Comment

I probably won't touch the social networking groups at all, and if I do I'll be making lots of UI changes.
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

Tags, Profile Customization, Social Bookmarking, Anti-spam features, Recaptcha.

I might use prefixes in 1 forum but haven't decided yet as tags are a lot more powerful. User Albums are required for customization so I will have them enabled but they will only be used for that purpose since I already have Photoplog. Don't really have a use for social groups at this time. Thought I could use them but no real need to.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

The only thing I can say right away that I won't be using is the groups functionality, mainly because I don't really see the use of it for now. I'm sure that as time goes on, I'll figure something out (in fact, I do have an idea my users might enjoy, but it'd take some time to think of all the details).

The new profiles, friends, tags, and generally everything else might have it's use; just not sure about the prefixes though.
            Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

right now i am thinking to use them all , but turn the albums off

Comment

Tags and thread prefixes will probably be my main two features coming from the new 3.7.

I know I won't be using any of the social networking features though. I'd rather focus my forum on just that aspect; it being a forum. Although I think it's a great idea for those who like it.

I don't much like the new profile look either, so I'll most likely be using the 3.6.x version. All I would have to do is copy my MEMBERINFO template from 3.6 to 3.7, correct?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X