Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unprecedented vBulletin plug-in (desktop notifications)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unprecedented vBulletin plug-in (desktop notifications)

Hi everyone,

Check this out:

http://www.orionapps.com/forumnotifier

Here are some screenshots:

http://www.orionapps.com/forumnotifier-screenshots

Looks impressive. Did anyone try it?

I like it. They don't say how much it cost and it beats going to the forum to check for new post or replies.
    Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

39 bucks? I could whip up something like that in a few hours in VS
      Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

i don't get it, is this something I as an admin can offer to my members for free after i buy it? (like DL this if you want to stay up to date on everything on the forums!)

or is this something each person has to buy? and costumize it to what ever forum they want?

this would be very useful if i as an admin could offer this to my users.
        HI

Comment

Originally posted by dirtycrow View Post
          i don't get it, is this something I as an admin can offer to my members for free after i buy it? (like DL this if you want to stay up to date on everything on the forums!)

or is this something each person has to buy? and costumize it to what ever forum they want?

I see it more for admins to know when someone post/reply to threads.

All of a sudden it doesn't look that good to me @ 39.99
          Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

There are a couple of firefox extensions that can be modified for the same purpose.
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Originally posted by Reeve of Shinra View Post
              There are a couple of firefox extensions that can be modified for the same purpose.
              orly? like?
              HI

Comment

Originally posted by Dean C View Post
                39 bucks? I could whip up something like that in a few hours in VS
                Don't exaggerate. Such perfect work takes no less than a month of hard work.

Originally posted by dirtycrow View Post

I've asked them about this point. You only have to purchase the product for $39 and you'll be provided with a customized Windows application that you're free to distribute to all of your forum members or, if you prefer, keep it for the admins.

I asked about a couple of questions as well; 1. if there is a database modification required, they said no and 2. if it's compatible with all vBulletin releases? and they said yes.

Comment

Nice JOB there EEssam,

I like that you can purchase it and distribute it to registered members or just mods and admins.
                  Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

I released something like this back in the vBulletin 2.X days with a little RSS and HTML. Didn't have the installer but was quick and easy to install anyway. The price is right on this though.. If I had a need, I would buy it.
                    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by EEssam View Post
                      I've asked them about this point.
                      Do you mean you asked yourself these questions? It seems as if you are promoting your own goods, since you are posting the same message on several forums.
                      I buy 420 forums

Comment

I'm looking for user opinions. That's why I posted the topic in more than one forum. I even posted the message in Experts Exchange and offered 500 points

Comment

welp, i wasted my money on this. quick and easy to install my pooper.

you have to install zend and thats been anything but quick and easy. save your money.
                          HI

Comment

Originally posted by Alfa1 View Post
                            ... It seems as if you are promoting your own goods...
                            Which would be a violation of both vB.com & vB.org if he is actually trying to promote his own services (aka: spam).
                            [URL="http://coolscifi.com"]Cool Sci-Fi[/URL="http://coolscifi.com"] | [URL="http://awalkerbit.me"]Walking Dead[/URL="awalkerbit.me"]

Comment

People need to stop encoding their products. Its a major pita for larger servers and cant be modified when needed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X