Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Funny] Vista Sucks

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Funny] Vista Sucks

    This video shows you the disadvantages of Windows Vista in a funny way .

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myaAHqAjFFc

    If you like it, please write a short comment on the YouTube page and rate it. Thanks.

    Edit: Fixxed a video error. Now it has full length.
    Last edited by Hendrizius; Thu 20 Dec '07, 5:59am.
    www.duoblogger.com - blogging about advertising.
    Twitter: @hendricius

  • #2
    er... Vista is actually working pretty nice on my new PC (64bit too!)

    However I would love for Apple to release leopard for the PC!!! As much as I like OSX I am not willing to give up being able to specificy exactly what hardware goes into my computer...
    Last edited by Razasharp; Wed 19 Dec '07, 4:58pm.
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

    Comment


    • #3
      Interestingly enough, I haven't had any of those problems with Vista. I have been using it for quite some time and not a single crash, no problems with any software and no problems with any of my hardware. As it was time to buy a new computer anyway, the entire computer with Windows Vista Premium cost me $800.00. That is an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ with 3 GB of RAM, 400 GB hard drive, an NVIDIA 8600 GT video card and Windows Vista Premium.
      Translations provided by Google.

      Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

      Comment


      • #4
        I don't have a problem with Vista neither with Xp, I swear

















        ....oh wait, I got a Mac !
        Italian Body Building & Fitness : www.BodyWeb.com
        Italian unofficial support Forum : www.vBulletin.it

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Interestingly enough, I haven't had any of those problems with Vista. I have been using it for quite some time and not a single crash, no problems with any software and no problems with any of my hardware. As it was time to buy a new computer anyway, the entire computer with Windows Vista Premium cost me $800.00. That is an AMD Athlon X2 5000+ with 3 GB of RAM, 400 GB hard drive, an NVIDIA 8600 GT video card and Windows Vista Premium.
          That's a pretty sweet deal.

          We found Vista issues when trying to install onto the older PCs around the building, so reverted back to XP till we get budget to replace everything in site.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by SbyD_Salient View Post
            We found Vista issues when trying to install onto the older PCs around the building, so reverted back to XP till we get budget to replace everything in site.
            That is the thing. Microsoft's new OSes always target the newest hardware. This causes problems with upgrades and yet they tell people its backwards compatible. They should just do what Apple does and tell people flat out if you want to run Vista then buy a new machine.

            Sure someone will come in and say they have Vista running perfectly on their 5 year old computer but that person won't be the average computer user either.
            Translations provided by Google.

            Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API

            Comment


            • #7
              That's funny
              Arcade.gs Game Site!

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                That is the thing. Microsoft's new OSes always target the newest hardware. This causes problems with upgrades and yet they tell people its backwards compatible. They should just do what Apple does and tell people flat out if you want to run Vista then buy a new machine.

                Sure someone will come in and say they have Vista running perfectly on their 5 year old computer but that person won't be the average computer user either.
                Apple's been quite open actually telling people that G4 PPC @ 867MHz with 512mb ram are the minimum requirements and support Leopard just fine. Which are still a lot of old systems. They're just shipping it as a default OS with their latest ones of course. (Which is the same as for Vista, which seems to be 1Ghz min, and 512mb ram for their home edition. Both Vista/OSX mention you can upgrade your current system or buy a new one. I've just compared sites.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Hewlett-Packard/Compaq are making computers with integrated non-upgradable hardware (Video, Sound card & chipset), so you will have to purchase a new computer for every PC M.S. version OS if you purchase this brand.

                  I was waiting to see something funny, but it is some video clip. I still like the Mac/PC spoof on tv.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I can't wait for the day to come where i can go buy a mac os and install it on my pc the legal way.
                    Arcade.gs Game Site!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      How does Vista suck? It doesn't have a mouth as far as I know.
                      That's the end of that!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I made a mistake when I converted the video. It now has full length.

                        Thanks
                        www.duoblogger.com - blogging about advertising.
                        Twitter: @hendricius

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Floris View Post
                          Apple's been quite open actually telling people that G4 PPC @ 867MHz with 512mb ram are the minimum requirements and support Leopard just fine. Which are still a lot of old systems. They're just shipping it as a default OS with their latest ones of course. (Which is the same as for Vista, which seems to be 1Ghz min, and 512mb ram for their home edition. Both Vista/OSX mention you can upgrade your current system or buy a new one. I've just compared sites.
                          Funny.. I went with a friend to get Leopard for her Apple iMac and she was told that her computer does not support it and she would need to purchase one of the new Intel powered machines. That is simply would fail to install on her machine. She has a G4 with 2 GB of RAM and was told this by an Apple employee. She bought a Windows PC instead because she didn't have 3 grand for a new computer.
                          Translations provided by Google.

                          Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Go back, get the manager, get a huge discount, and get that moron fired He's obviously lying to get a bigger commission. It's normal business though, it's called upselling. Plus, the Intel iMac is between 1200$ (for 20") to 1800$ (for 24") If she made it into 3000 grand she probably opt in for bigger hardware everything. Which is not needed.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              This video explains that Mac OS 10.5 Leopard will work on Macs made in the past few years:

                              http://www.apple.com/macosx/guidedtour/large.html

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X