No announcement yet.

What screen resolution are you using?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have my iMac set to 1920x1200. However, I'm having an issue that I'm not sure how to fix. Despite making the resolution the size it is, the icons and everything still seem fairly large. When using Windows computers if I change the resolution (usually 1600x1200) everything gets smaller (which is my objective).

Comment

1024 x 768 for me.

I think if I graduated to a widescreen, I'd have to reconfigure my brain for designing.
      Peggy
      ~ normal is overrated ~

One Buzy Mama!

Comment

1440 x 900 on the main screen(22 inch wide) and 1024 768 on the secondary (17inch)
        vB Dating , Dating script being made.

Comment

1680x1050 and 1280x1024 on my desktop (yeah, dual monitoring)

and 1280x800 on my laptop
          Meow!

Please excuse my bad English.

Comment

Can a moderator please change the poll options to allow multiple choices. Many people are using different resolutions on different platforms.
            You're spending millions of dollars on a website?!

Comment

Unfortunately this can't be changed for an existing poll.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

I'm using 1280 x 1024.

Comment

I'm currently using 1440x900.

Comment

800 x 600.

I'll be replacing my 15" screen with a 17" one in a few months, then turn to 1024 x 768.
                    $post[signature]

Comment

Lol - it's actually 2 screens working as one... and on my screens, they dont look squashed...

Comment

Originally posted by Radon3k View Post
                        I have my iMac set to 1920x1200. However, I'm having an issue that I'm not sure how to fix. Despite making the resolution the size it is, the icons and everything still seem fairly large. When using Windows computers if I change the resolution (usually 1600x1200) everything gets smaller (which is my objective).
                        This is a feature of Mac OS X. Basically icons scale depending on the resolution. If you are looking for Mac OS X to work like Windows you will be disappointed. It is a different OS and has a different way of doing things, even though there are a lot of similarities.

Comment

Originally posted by Cromulent View Post
                          This is a feature of Mac OS X. Basically icons scale depending on the resolution. If you are looking for Mac OS X to work like Windows you will be disappointed. It is a different OS and has a different way of doing things, even though there are a lot of similarities.
                          Easy fix, you can just go to the view options and change the size of the icons to whatever you want.

Comment

1680x1050 on the 22" widescreen
                            1280x1024 on the 17"
                            1024x768 sometimes on the 17"
                            800x600 on the 15"

16:9 on the 52" (am I the only one here who has control of the tv too)
                            "You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me."

Comment

I suppose my biggest annoyance is that I can't seem to decrease the text size in Safari and have it stay. It always resets itself.

Comment

I selected other: 1440 * 900 on a 22" screen

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X