• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2CheckOut forbids forum donations

https://www.2checkout.com/2co/tos_ps?page=ps
    Originally posted by 2CHECKOUT
    The following products and services CANNOT be sold:
    • Donations ...
    Sites found to be selling banned products or services are subject to immediate account termination, frozen funds, forfeiture of funds, fines, and/or order cancellations, all without notice.
    What are your thoughts about this?
    I buy 420 forums

Moved to a more appropriate forum as this is neither a suggestion nor feedback on the vBulletin software.

For the original question, I had a 2Checkout account several years ago and would never do business with them again. They are too restrictive and want too much control over your own business. There are better companies out there.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

You could offer a 'premium membership', so it's a service, and no longer a donation.

Comment

I wouldn't want to risk argueing over semantics Floris, not when it says in their T&Cs that they can seize your balance
        Dean Clatworthy - Web Developer/Designer

Comment

I never used 2checkout for I can't agree to their TOS. Not worth the risk for me.

Comment

I wouldn't say it's semantics. There is a big difference between a donation and a service. If you are offering a real Premium Membership (ie. you get extra stuff), then that is a service.

Comment

I considered 2Checkout at one time but they also have some very strict requirements on how their payment info must be displayed which required modifications that I did not want to make. I contacted them about this and they refused to budge. As a result they lost me as a customer. I will not consider them again.
              Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
              Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

2checkout epicfailed us

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                  It's so true. I guess 2CheckOut until I actually make a service available for members.
                  Congratulations on the death of vBulletin, Internet Brands.

Comment

I left them MANY years ago. There system isn't that good at all and I got many fraud order via 2checkout. They need better services and methods in place.

Comment

So which CC Processor do you suggest (don't mention PayPal)...
                      selling kawaiiNation.com

Comment

Originally posted by rin View Post
                        So which CC Processor do you suggest (don't mention PayPal)...
                        Okay I won't, even though they are the only equivalent one available and they work fine for me.
                        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve Machol View Post
                          Okay I won't, even though they are the only equivalent one available and they work fine for me.
                          Same here.
                          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Paypal isn't firearm friendly. Paypal doesn't want to touch anything that is firearm related (memberships being one of them).

If anyone has a recommendation please let me know. I used 2CO and Paypal. Looking for something easier to use.

Comment

Originally posted by TheComputerGuy View Post
                              Paypal isn't firearm friendly. Paypal doesn't want to touch anything that is firearm related (memberships being one of them).

If anyone has a recommendation please let me know. I used 2CO and Paypal. Looking for something easier to use.
                              Paypal has always worked great for me as well. If you make a decent amount of money, why not just get your very own merchant account? It's not cheap but you have a lot of control. I did it that way for about 6 months before I moved to paypal. Mind you, that had to be about 3 years ago and I wouldnt look back!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X