1 Week ago today I was knocked off my bike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Week ago today I was knocked off my bike

A week today I was at a friends house, having a take away and watching a couple of DVD's. I stayed a little bit late and set back off to my house at 1:25am (15 minutes drive to mine) on the way back home, this blue car with music blasting out with about 5 lads (chavs) they were right up my backside about an inch away from my back tyre all the way home.

I pulled over to the side of the road to let them get passed but they just followed me, whatever I did they did. My heart was in my mouth, I was scared and I just wanted to get home.

At this point the rain started to pour down so hard it started to sting my legs.

I made a left (indicated 5 seconds early to let them know to back off because I was turning, ha, like they care?). Bang - hit me right in the back so hard and left me for dust, I was knocked out at this time, I woke up the next day in hospital.

A nice lady saw these headlights and stopped, she phoned for the police and the ambulance. She had to get off so she phoned my friend (also a biker) and he come and sat with me until the services came.

Services came and police are started to ring for recovery service (why? my friend asked if he can push my bike back to my house, they said no).

I haven't heard anything from the police and it has been a week, I would of thought that they would come and asked me some questions but nothing.

Better news, I have my bike back - it wasn't a right off, the only thing that needs replacing is the number plate (and have one on order). I am missing screws from my seat (it keeps comming off), and my bike is badly scratched. I'll get some touch up paint and hopefully that should fix all the problems.

Wow, what idiots.

I'm glad to hear you're okay, Ben.
    "CREEPSHOW CREEPS ONLINE" - The first & best online resource dead-icated to Stephen King & George A. Romero's 1982 horror anthology classic!!!!

Comment

It's sad to see people do this kinda crap... But hey just remember... Karma will come back and get them.

Comment

Nice blog entry

Comment

I'm OK now, still recovering, good thing is my number plate is here!

Comment

Glad your ok...
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Thank you Joe!

Comment

No thought for human life. I'd follow up with the police to see if they are persuing the matter; don't wait for them. Anyway, thank goodness that you made it out ok.

Comment

You should check out sites that have videos on vehicle accidents and see if that is why they went after you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                    You should check out sites that have videos on vehicle accidents and see if that is why they went after you.
                    Please explain more, I'm not sure on what you mean?

Comment

Some groups of people do video record what they do from phone or camera and then post what they did. It is the same with what they do with school fights and or vandalism of properties.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
                        Some groups of people do video record what they do from phone or camera and then post what they did. It is the same with what they do with school fights and or vandalism of properties.
                        Ah I know what you mean

Comment

I agree, ungrounded and useless violence is just very very sad. Glad to read you're ok though.

Comment

Originally posted by Floris View Post
                            I agree, ungrounded and useless violence is just very very sad. Glad to read you're ok though.
                            What was with the 'Nice blog post'?

Comment

I remember you posting about getting the new bike, wow you've not had it that long either. Bet your gutted!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X