Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xjuliox
    replied
    I like it! if you make it free to use i propably use it.

Leave a comment:

• jw0ollard
    replied
    Ah.. I guess #4F4F4F is a little dark. I didn't realize the square pattern went all the way down to the bottom of that image.

I thought Photoshop lied to me, here I should have put it on a 3x3 pixel sample instead. Try going back to #525252. Glad you got it figured out.

Leave a comment:

• Dream
    replied
    looks good, although that blue header column there looks strange.

Leave a comment:

• Phenomena0
    replied
    meh I'll just use my second license, because I want my members to able to view the forums so that I can some C&C from them. Otherwise that license would just sit there and expire anyway. xD

Anyways glad you like it, just updated some of the buttons and icons now.

Leave a comment:

• Floris
    replied
    Make sure the 'test' forum (which is a second instance for the same set of files) is behind .htaccess or closed away from public view, to stay within the bounds of the license agreement. It's not really a problem at this point since you have another license that is not in use, so this is just a friendly request and a reminder.

More on topic .. good looking design there! A friend of mine recently updated his style for his HALO site too, check it out: http://www.marchosis.com/forum.php

Leave a comment:

• Phenomena0
    replied
    ahh thanks so much :P it was bothering me especially since I couldn't figure it out. xD

Leave a comment:

• jw0ollard
    replied
    Originally posted by Phenomena0 View Post
    I'll be adding the background, I'm going to get it so it goes all the way to do the bottom of the page, though I haven't figured out how xD
    See attached.

And actually, I was sloppy with the eye dropper in Photoshop.. the exact color at the bottom of that background image is #4F4F4F.

Your problem is in your code:

Code:
    body
    {
        background: #535353;
        color: #FFFFFF;
        font: 11px verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
        background: url('./htm_v2/background.png') repeat-x;
        background-attachment: fixed;
    }
    You have background declared 2x, so the last one takes priority.

Change everything to:

Code:
    background: #535353 url('./htm_v2/background.png') repeat-x fixed;
    color: #FFFFFF;
    font: 11px verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
    (or the bottom-most color is actually #4F4F4F, but #535353 is so close it'd be unnoticeable).
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Webmist
    replied
    it would be the same principal. Just adjust your size to how many forums you plan on having so it will go from top to bottom.

Leave a comment:

• Phenomena0
    replied
    I didn't mean the body background, I meant the page div background, lol sorry :P

Leave a comment:

• Webmist
    replied
    Originally posted by Phenomena0 View Post
    I'll be adding the background, I'm going to get it so it goes all the way to do the bottom of the page, though I haven't figured out how xD
    You can make a background image (1600x1200) usually and use the fixed position in css or use a gradient and make sure the height is 1200px then make the background color the color at the bottom.

Leave a comment:

• Phenomena0
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TylerK10
    replied
    Very nice - I really like the direction you're going with it. Are you going to keep the copyright how it is, or will you be adding the background to that as well?

Leave a comment:

• Phenomena0
    started a topic New Theme for Forums :)

New Theme for Forums :)

Well, a staff member and myself have started working on a new theme for my site halotrialmods.org, in preperation for 3.7. I think it's coming along quite nicely, just wanted some feed back from the pros. :P

http://www.halotrialmods.org/preview/forums/

It's not done yet, but it's a good start. Any C&C would be greatly appreciated.