Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any innovative vB Blogs or Project Tools designs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jw0ollard
    replied
    Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
    That looks to be a Safari issue, not an issue with RedTyger's design.
    Well, that wasn't taken with Safari..... He's clearly mucked up the code somewhere. I don't get that at the bottom of my forums in Firefox, or any browser for that matter (including Safari)

Leave a comment:

• ManagerJosh
    replied
    That looks to be a Safari issue, not an issue with RedTyger's design.

Leave a comment:

• jw0ollard
    replied
    May wanna fix this, RedTyger. (See attached)

Forgive the low quality, I wasn't sure how big files could be on here for attachments..
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• RedTyger
    replied
    Thanks! When I said not radical, I meant that the nature of the design means that it is very easy to do without tables. It's mostly just text. And some of it was done for the benefit of search engines, of course. But the template edits themselves are quite substantial I suppose.

The mobile version is actually probably more interesting, it's available from the drop-down menu at the very bottom of the page. Once you've changed, you can include Javascript, images and styling from the bottom of the page or switch to the non-mobile version. Again, its a bit rough in places (beta) and again, its not that radical since its not done using template edits at all. But it might be worth seeing.

Coders Shack turned the Project Tools interface into tabs and added a download section, it was very well done. They might have added a changelog section too, I forget. They seem to be Scriptasy now, apparently minus Project Tools and plus a much inferior design IMO, so I can't pass it on. Our loss!
    Last edited by RedTyger; Sat 1st Dec '07, 7:37am.

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    replied
    Actually this is a very interesting design, RedTyger. Switching a heavy table-based layout like vBulletin's into CSS-based one is by all means radical.

Particularly the JS drop-downs are awesome, although in some circumstances few text input fields extended outside the drop-down box. I'm using Firefox 2.0.0.11.

Thanks a lot for sharing. Keep up the good work!

Leave a comment:

• RedTyger
    replied
    Not radical, or innovative. Just mostly tableless.

Example: http://redtyger.co.uk/discuss/project.php?issueid=23

I'll explain further if you want, but it should be clear enough what I was trying to achieve. I doubt it is of much interest to be honest but it does serve its purpose well enough for me, despite still being a little rough in places.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• simsim
    started a topic Any innovative vB Blogs or Project Tools designs?

Any innovative vB Blogs or Project Tools designs?

I'm wondering since the Blog & Project Tools have been available for more than two months now if there are any innovative or stunning designs made or seen by users here?

I'm more into designs that radically change the layout of the default templates rather than using heavy graphics to achieve visually appealing designs. And yes this includes re-writing templates using CSS instead of tables, but great graphical designs are welcomed too of course.

Any links to share?