Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody here good at Visual Basic?

Hey all.

A long while back, I created software that would help people install hacks into different scripts. While it was a very elementary piece of software, I got a lot of thanks for it.

I started work on version 2.0 of The Script Hack Wizard, and I find myself in a bind. The source sits here waiting for somebody to finish it, while I haven't the time to do so.

What does it do?
    Well, this program creates a file with the extension .SHW, and when opened by the application, will automatically install AND REMOVE hacks for your script. So, if you had a 'smilie hack', and you wanted to put it on, it would be as simple as clicking 3 times, and every file would be updated. Another 3 clicks or so, and it would be removed.

What can I do?
    Well, if you can program in Visual Basic (and I mean fairly well), I can definately use your help! This is a tool that, with the appropriate programmer and creativity, will help to automate any security patches (this is something I will go in depth with people who help hehe), hacks, mods, or addons for ANY script.

I would appreciate if you can contact me through this thread if you are interested in putting a decent amount of time into this project. A great portion has been completed by me, but does need a lot of 'tuning up' and I simply don't have the time required to finish it.

Some requirements:
    Good knowledge of the Win32API. Text handling, error handling, array handling all very important. Some good things to know are also misc control programming, and WinInet API.

If anybody thinks they are interested, please leave a message IN THIS THREAD. I hope that with some help here, the vision I had for this application will become a reality.

Looks like a project with alot of promise to it Since there are probably very few good Visual Basic programmers here, I suggest you might want to ask for help over at: http://www.vbforums.com/

Comment

Hercules I am definitely interested in this project. I used to do lots and lots of vb programming from 96-99. Haven't touched it for like 2 years so I'm a bit rusty. But I'm sure I can pick it back up pretty quickly. PM me with some addional info. Thanks.
      Well, there it is.
      - Keeper of the Grove

Comment

check your PMs skep.

Comment

how is this coming along?

Comment

I know a little bit, mostly MSXML.
            Matt
            Sybase DBA / PHP fanatic
            Sybase v. MySQL v. Oracle | Why I don't like MySQL | Download Sybase TODAY! | Visit DBForums.com!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Schreiber
              Looks like a project with alot of promise to it Since there are probably very few good Visual Basic programmers here, I suggest you might want to ask for help over at: http://www.vbforums.com/
              The original vBulletin

That site has really gone downhill though. You might want to try another VB vB forum
              --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
              Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
              vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Sounds interesting, I would love to see this completed, if it is as good as it seems, upgrading may just have gotten easier .

- SaintDog

Comment

BTW it should be somewhat intelligent. For example a lot of hacks say to edit a globals line and there might not be an exact match, but it could stem the search until it finds the closest match.
                  --filburt1, vBulletin.org/vBulletinTemplates.com moderator
                  Web Design Forums.net: vB Board of the Month
                  vBulletin Mail System (vBMS): webmail for your forum users

Comment

Actually, I tried writing a program such as this in VB, and the parsing turned into a nightmare.

For the replace code and stuff, I made the script sort of HTML-formatted, with tags that start with <tag> and end with </tag>.
                    I found out that parsing one tag was fine, with no problems, but parsing a whole set of replacement tags required lots of looping and parsing, and was way too complicated.

Instead, I went with Delphi, and got the project finished real quick.
                    :)

Comment

Delphi Rocks...any chance we can see what you have?

And also has anyone made a client to log into VBulletin with delphi or VB?

Thanks!

Comment

Sure. The program I made (EasyMOD) is available for free download from my forum.
                        (Try not to let the UI bother ya... I suck at Delphi.)

For a client for browsing vB boards, I believe that there is a project that is being worked on at Extreme VB Forums, with pretty good functionality.
                        :)

Comment

Cool the Util looks nice...is this open source?

Also would u have the url to Extreme VB Forums?

Thanks much!

Comment

Herc, stop over at Extreme VB Forum and post asking for help over there. We already have about 7 other vbulletin related projects either in beta or finished posted in different threads.
                            Admins Zone - Resources for Forum Administrators

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X