How to get members at the start?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get members at the start?

So I just got my vBulletin site up and running yesterday, and I am wondering how exactly I should go about getting the first hundred or so members. I am getting a good amount of unique visitors to the site, but since no one else is on the boards talking, I think that is making people not stick around.

What should I do to get that first core group of members?

You can hire someone to make post and make it like there's some activity going on.
    Last edited by xjuliox; Sun 25 Nov '07, 12:04am.
    Arcade.gs Game Site!

Comment

The core of the Social Networking woes. Lots of places to go these days on the internet. You need to make yourself stand out and offer something unique to the audience you are targeting. It's a tough road, starting up. Good luck !!

Comment

I asked friends, hired some posters, and promoted the site.

Comment

I came into this thread thinking you didn't create the site yet. I would of said to tell people about the forum and try to get people that are excited to join right when you open it. I got about 60-70 members within the first three days like this.

Now, though, put it in your forum signatures, create contests, try social networking, and definitely do some post exchanges.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X