Clear All

Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
    Thought it would be fun to see if we can guess when 3.7 will go gold
    April 1st, at 11:00am -EST -500
    MCSE, MVP, CCIE
    Microsoft Beta Team

Comment

Originally posted by chri View Post
      That's because SMF doesn't try to stuff every feature on the internet in the forum board to drive profits and keep the people paying for the yearly fees in with features like the social networking and god knows what.
      Well, no-ones forcing you to upgrade - older vB versions are still kept secure by security updates as and when they become nescessery.

Jelsoft add more features because WE keep aking for them.

Originally posted by Joe Gronlund View Post
      April 1st, at 11:00am -EST -500
      Lol I was wondering when someone was gonna say April 1st :lol:
      What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
        I'd like to hear you utter those words when SMF integrates social networking into its forum application
        They would never do that. They don't like adding bloated features. It's a forum board after all.

Comment

SMF just made a major release and had no meaningful features. Useful, but they weren't innovative - just used to catch up with vBulletin and phpBB.

SMF is going to be focused on basic features they still lack rather than social networking features.

Comment

Originally posted by chri View Post
            They would never do that. They don't like adding bloated features. It's a forum board after all.
            Like you said, they're 'just' a forum. vB is a whole lot more now
            What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

Comment

I bet it will be ready by end of February.

Comment

Originally posted by ManagerJosh View Post
                I'd like to hear you utter those words when SMF integrates social networking into its forum application
                Are they planning on doing this?
                Forums

Comment

Not really. You have to pay for the add-ons. And not everyone likes the direction that vB is moving, sometimes bloat isn't a good thing.
                  Forums

Comment

Nothing wrong with 'Bloat', as long as you are able to disable it. I do not like private messaging or reputation, as those should of been free vBulletin.com addons. I thought the world was heading into a 'Social Networking' environment and not some clan base sites.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I voted the right choice! I voted the first one... but I only voted today

Comment

what does it matter when it goes Gold, when it goes Gold - it goes Gold.

I refrain from voting

Comment

Can we add NEVER to the poll? :crash
                          www.yamaha-forum.net | www.exactservers.com | www.ducati-superbikes.com | www.suzuki-forums.net | www.diavel-forum.com

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                            Are they planning on doing this?
                            I was browsing around the boards the other day and there's some evidence they'll add in some of the features of social networking.
                            ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
                            Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Quillz View Post
                              Not really. You have to pay for the add-ons. And not everyone likes the direction that vB is moving, sometimes bloat isn't a good thing.

Everyone has different wants/needs. Personally, I bought vB because I wanted a good message board. Now I have one. As long as vB developers continue to improve on the core product and provide support I'm a happy customer.

Comment

vbulletin 3.7 beta works great in life environment so I do not care when it comes gold, but of course I am glad if there would be some new features coming in new betas, so I hope for more betas instead of release candidates

Comment

Working...
                                X