Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will 3.7 go gold? Place your bets!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • When will 3.7 go gold? Place your bets!

    Thought it would be fun to see if we can guess when 3.7 will go gold
    117
    Before the year is out!
    21.37%
    25
    By the end of January
    22.22%
    26
    By the end of February
    19.66%
    23
    Longer!
    22.22%
    26
    Refrain from voting
    14.53%
    17
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

  • #2
    It's a tough one!

    On the one hand there is sooooooooooo much interest in 3.7 so I guess there will be a lot of takers, but on the other hand there are so many new things which means more possibility of bugs.

    Anyway I reckon before the end of January, but I'm hoping before the end of this year!
    What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

    Comment


    • #3
      I refrain from voting, since I don't know the release date, but if I make a guess people might see that and read too much into it

      Comment


      • #4
        Wow, thats so hard to tell at this early a stage....
        MCSE, MVP, CCIE
        Microsoft Beta Team

        Comment


        • #5
          3.7 is in alpha, and will go beta on vBcom Monday.
          A private beta might follow?
          A public beta will follow?
          How many beta releases for download by customers?
          Will there be release candidates, how many?
          If each step has a week or perhaps two or a month in between, what could be the min/max?

          So many options!

          Comment


          • #6
            I thought a public beta was going to follow?

            Originally posted by Kier
            In terms of timescales, the plan is to upgrade vBulletin.com to run on vBulletin 3.7.0 on Monday (November 26th) and to let it run for a few days in order to get some feedback and bug reports before releasing the first public beta.
            What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Razasharp View Post
              I thought a public beta was going to follow?
              Ok, so another question answered, bringing you closer to a more correct date

              Comment


              • #8
                Doesn't matter to me. I'm planning to run live when whatever version hits public.

                Comment


                • #9
                  All my sites except wetalk.tv will be upgraded With wttv we will wait until vbseo officially supports 3.7 so there are no conflicts in some of the features.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I thought about that and have only upgraded when releases went gold. With the track record of vB I'm confident that once 3.7 runs on vB.com and private beta forums even the beta releases will be stable enough for live use. More importantly, I'm itching to start off my new site with with functionality of 3.7 so I'll postpone the release date just a bit.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      My sites have run every available version of vBulletin, alpha, beta, gamma, release candidates, custom builds, stables, patched versions, etc. Only in the private beta period we've run into some show stoppers, but it has always been quite stable, and any large issue was easy to resolve without losing the database or any data. I wonder if my luck is running out soon haha.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        If it does then I'll be right with you trying to work up a fix.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          We always recommend to run stable in a live env. and only use beta's at your own risk. So make sure you have a backup before you upgrade (as usual) and know what to do when you have problems. We can't always provide live-fixes for beta's as we expect site owners to understand they might have to wait for the next beta or stable for it to be fixed. I've simply taken the risk for my own site. Because I believe it's a vb fan web site. What better way to have hundreds of users stressing the software, finding situations you might not find on your own. The more bugs I find with my live site, the less bugs others have with theirs. My site isn't commercial, so I won't loose anything except have upset visitors who surely can understand they might have to wait a bit to get things fixed.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I've always run all betas and RC's on a test server, and can't wait for this one! Some awesome new features!

                            Oh, and I voted by the end of February because I know how these things can stretch out unexpectedly. If it goes beyond that, I'm changing to SMF.
                            ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
                              I've always run all betas and RC's on a test server, and can't wait for this one! Some awesome new features!

                              Oh, and I voted by the end of February because I know how these things can stretch out unexpectedly. If it goes beyond that, I'm changing to SMF.
                              I dare you to change to SMF You'll notice probably it feels like a step back.

                              Comment

                              Loading...
                              Working...
                              X