Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will vBulletin 3.7 be released (joke)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
    3 columns is an over kill for sure. I hate IPB's profile but I think vB's profile needs improving (from what I can see in the screenshot). Cannot make my final judgement until I can see everything .
    Yeah, I also feel sorry for removing the outset-border-style panels there.
    $post[signature]

    Comment


    • #47
      Don't forget the default template is only a base, it's what we do with them that counts.

      This is a standard vB profile: http://www.gamesey.com/member.php?u=1
      Just with template edits.
      What's Special About Ruby on Rails?

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
        3.7 seems to be a fantastic release so theres no BS at all. This puts jelsoft back in the lead . Like I said 2008 will be a fantastic year.
        I'm sorry, but your earlier rant was BS. Pure and simple.
        That said, the first-look thread is impressive indeed, but like I already said, we'll only see betas and possibly RCs this year, the stable is for sometime next year.
        Toddler from Hell

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Fusion View Post
          I'm sorry, but your earlier rant was BS. Pure and simple.
          That said, the first-look thread is impressive indeed, but like I already said, we'll only see betas and possibly RCs this year, the stable is for sometime next year.
          didn't Kier say somewhere that 3.7 final will be released this year

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by Greps View Post
            didn't Kier say somewhere that 3.7 final will be released this year
            First public beta, very late November at the earliest..
            MCSE, MVP, CCIE
            Microsoft Beta Team

            Comment


            • #51
              oh. and here I was hoping that all those rumors about 4.0 being released in summer 2008 were true...

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Greps View Post
                oh. and here I was hoping that all those rumors about 4.0 being released in summer 2008 were true...
                Highly doubt that. Maybe summer 09 .

                Comment


                • #53
                  An announcement has been posted, vB 3.7 features and a very small timescale has been posted. The first view of 3.7 are the screenshots in this announcement, the second will be the public running of it here on vBcom this Monday, and that means it sounds sooner rather then later.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by ---MAD--- View Post
                    Highly doubt that. Maybe summer 09 .
                    I don't think they have a choice. you heard The Man, 3.7 is going to be the latest major release of the 3.* branch. if they don't roll something soon enough, they'll be crushed by competition, and I have to say, the competition is looking rather good as long as Jelsoft don't have their own CMS and gallery solutions.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                      The beta cycle will most likely include a customer wide release of the software so we get the best amount of feedback and testing.
                      Thanx for the response WAYNE - Sounds good actually - But I'm thinking more on the line that I'd have known about the beta a few weeks ago and had the opportunity to have been running the 3.7 on JPiC TODAY :P

                      Jacquii.



                      "Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        You know, I think I just forgot all the features 3.7 will have, I think I'll read the announcement again.
                        Radio and TV Player for vBulletin

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by MsJacquiiC View Post
                          Thanx for the response WAYNE - Sounds good actually - But I'm thinking more on the line that I'd have known about the beta a few weeks ago and had the opportunity to have been running the 3.7 on JPiC TODAY :P

                          Jacquii.
                          Hehe... We need to get it on vBulletin.com and in a live environment so the people here can try to break it under stress before we let customers have a beta version. Soon.
                          Translations provided by Google.

                          Wayne Luke
                          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
                          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
                          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by Dream View Post
                            You know, I think I just forgot all the features 3.7 will have, I think I'll read the announcement again.
                            ROFL....

                            Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                            Hehe... We need to get it on vBulletin.com and in a live environment so the people here can try to break it under stress before we let customers have a beta version. Soon.
                            Hey - doesn't hurt to try right? :P
                            But yeah - The features announcement looks AWESOME!

                            Jacquii.



                            "Question my skill set perhaps, but never question my heart." -- JacquiiCooke.com

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Greps View Post
                              I don't think they have a choice. you heard The Man, 3.7 is going to be the latest major release of the 3.* branch. if they don't roll something soon enough, they'll be crushed by competition, and I have to say, the competition is looking rather good as long as Jelsoft don't have their own CMS and gallery solutions.
                              I would assume the jump from 3.7 to 4.0 would be more drastic than the jump from 3.0 to 3.5, and that took quite a while.

                              Version numbers don't really mean anything, I'm more interested in what's added/tuned/enhanced.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by Chousho View Post
                                I would assume the jump from 3.7 to 4.0 would be more drastic than the jump from 3.0 to 3.5, and that took quite a while.

                                Version numbers don't really mean anything, I'm more interested in what's added/tuned/enhanced.
                                I doubt that 4.0 development will start after the 3.7 release. they probably started coding the 4.0 code base a long time ago and already have a bunch of people working on it. and once 3.7 is out all efforts will be concentrated on 4.0. so after giving this a second thought, 4.0 alpha around summer '08 sounds quite reasonable.

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X