This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vbseo worth it?

Has anyone here used vbseo to optimize their vbulletin forum? I am thinking about using them but the people that post the "GREAT" results of it are the owners of the website. Was curious if it was worth the 149.00 for it...or is it a waste of money?

Nope.

Comment

thats what I figured... why do you say... did you not see any "Great" results like they show?

Comment

To be honest, I just don't see the point.

It traps you into buying their product, because as soon as you remove it, all your google links break.

There are better ways to achieve high search rankings - such as quality, unique content and SEO that don't cost you your hard earned - and provide equal, if not more benefits.

It's not the magic solution that many tout it as.

Comment

not true.

IF you decide to un-install it, you can easily re-write and 301 BACK to showthread.php?t=1234

Me, it tripled my hits, doubled my adsense, and i won't run another forum with out it (have 4 licenses already)

For me, it paid for itself in an hour.

From my readings here, and on DP, 98% of the people who talk bad about it:
          A) never used it
          B) listened to Minstrel's unfounded propaganda
          C) expected things to happen over night and un-installed it before the SE's even had a chance to update

Content IS and ALWAYS WILL BE king.

vbseo helps to get that content where it belongs.

as the saying goes, "you can't polish a terd". putting vbseo on your offtopic board about nothing with 10 members probably won't do a thing for you.

Comment

I must be part of the 2 percent.

I don't want to 301 my URLs back - I'm happy with them as they are. They don't impact most search engines anyway.

Comment

when you say it tripled your hits or you notice an improvement.... how long does this take...say 3 to 4 months? Also I am not sure why people un-install it right away...it is a one time fee right?

Comment

Originally posted by Dilly View Post
                I must be part of the 2 percent.

I don't want to 301 my URLs back - I'm happy with them as they are. They don't impact most search engines anyway.
                Then don't buy VBSEO. It's simple as that. If you are completely happy with vBulletin the way it is stock then VBSEO isn't for you.

Don't go about telling people it traps you into your content. It doesn't.

You are completely right about it not being the magic solution. The majority of the people that cry about it not working buy it thinking it is the magic solution and then pout when they don't out rank their 12 year old competitor who has 100,000 more backlinks than them.

Comment

Then don't buy VBSEO. It's simple as that. If you are completely happy with vBulletin the way it is stock then VBSEO isn't for you.

Don't go about telling people it traps you into your content. It doesn't.
                  I haven't and won't. However he asked for opinions, which I gave. If you have a problem, don't read it. It's as simple as that.

Comment

Waste of cash.... I've used it and wish I could get a refund. SEO products help some what, but there are MANY forums doing well without it too.

Comment

We've already had this discussion on the chit chat forum many times.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ighlight=vbseo

etc

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFroot_ View Post
                        Waste of cash.... I've used it and wish I could get a refund. SEO products help some what, but there are MANY forums doing well without it too.
                        There are many forums doing good without vBulletin too. Why are you using vBulletin? I can tell you why I use VBSEO and it'll be for pretty much the same reasons you use vBulletin over a free board. You like what it does for you. I haven't bought over 1,00 dollars worth of VBSEO licenses for ****s and giggles. I do it for a reason. By itself it won't net you amazing results in search engines. You throw together a quality site with quality content and give people a reason to link back to you and VBSEO will help you in the long run. What it does is basic SEO. It fixes duplicate url issues in vBulletin. Not only that but it goes the extra mile. It gives you other tools that make running a forum much easier. All in one product for $149 dollars. That's why I use it. I'm not getting paid to tell you how much I like vBulletin or VBSEO. Anyone that reads my posts on here and VBSEO knows I am critical of both products because I think they can do better. I'm no fanboy. People come on here and ask questions and want to hear opinions from people who have actually dug into the product and know it inside out. Not someone that bought it, installed it and sat on their ass for a few weeks and decided it didn't work.

If I was researching a product and all someone gave me was a simple no, it didn't work, and didn't explain further I wouldn't give them a second thought. If they told me they tried it and it didn't work and left it at that I wouldn't give them a second thought. If you are going to throw your .02 in at least give the person the courtesy of knowing in detail how and why you came to the conclusion you did. The same goes for a yes it did work. Tell me why you think it worked for you. Stop with this bs crap that just turns the thread into ****.

How long did you run VBSEO? You have been the poster child for anti-vbseo on this site for some time. When did you install it and when did you deem it a failure? What site? I remember a PM you sent me some time ago telling me how great you thought VBSEO is. Why do you change your tune constantly? Make up your mind. You also said that right after you called me a fan boy repeatedly within a thread. The reason these threads turn to crap is because people who have no idea what they are talking about want to throw their .02 into the mix and take a stance with one group just because they have nothing better to do.

Lots of vBulletin sites do have great rankings without VBSEO. Are you one of them? How many search referrals do you deem a success?

I haven't and won't. However he asked for opinions, which I gave. If you have a problem, don't read it. It's as simple as that.
                        I'll be able to ignore you when you stop trying to scare people into believing that you are trapped into VBSEO when you install it. If you are going to post something like that then at least be able to back it up. Posting just to post isn't helping anyone. If you want to give your opinion on why it doesn't work, other than some other sites do fine without it, then go right ahead. That excuse is ridiculous. Like I already said, there are people running free forum software that has forums bigger and more active than yours. That doesn't mean their free board is better than vBulletin.
                        BamaStangGuy
                        Banned
                        Last edited by BamaStangGuy; Tue 20 Nov '07, 4:52am.

Comment

The reason I purchased vBSEO for my web site wetalk.tv has nothing to do with seo and all that stuff. What I am interested in are easy to read URL, as they're more fun for members to share with others. Such as profile pages, forum quick links, and blog pages. Yes, a mod_rewrite .htaccess file could be created by me, I simply don't know how to do it well. And vBSEO has this properly integrated with the forum. We now offer profiles like: http://wetalk.tv/members/nasagov/ and blog pages are like http://wetalk.tv/blogs/nasagov/ And as we're a tv forum it is nice to have the 'heroes' forum actually be a link like http://wetalk.tv/heroes/ instead of a long hard to read URL. Personally I don't think it is worth the money. It's way too overpriced. But it is nice to see they now offer branding free option and are unencrypted finally.

I think webmasters buy it because they see others use it. Just because it is popular to a group of users doesn't mean you have to buy it, nor does it mean it is a necessity.

If you are looking to do certain things to your community and this plugin offers that then you can perhaps consider if it is worth the money.

Comment

Originally posted by BamaStangGuy View Post
                            I'll be able to ignore you when you stop trying to scare people into believing that you are trapped into VBSEO when you install it. If you are going to post something like that then at least be able to back it up.
                            After search engines are redirected to the new rewritten URLs, are they redirected from the new URLs back to the old ones when the product is removed?

Comment

Originally posted by Floris
                              But it is nice to see they now offer branding free option and are unencrypted finally
                              Well you know something, I have a good idea why they might have removed the Ioncube encryption (could be wrong though, so I'm not saying it "IS" the reason). vBSEO (as they may already be fully aware), might possibley have been cracked and had the Ioncube removed from it - and is being offered for download on the Pirate scene.

I have no interest in using vBSEO, nor do I have anything against it either. (so please don't think I've searched for it to use for free, or am posting this to get at them in anyway, shape or form). I personally think the owner of vBSEO who sent me the graphics a while back is a nice guy!

Anyway, I was searching for information about it a month ago on Google after wondering if it just might be worth buying. And stumbled across a site that was offering it with Ioncube removed (the latest version). I didn't try it or anything, so god knows if it really has been hacked or whatever.

But, this is why I've personally wondered if they may have made the decision to remove Ioncube now and put a patient forward, because they know people can now view the source code and create another version from it, not to mention get there hands on an illegal copy with Ioncube removed.

Make of this as you will, but I wanted to point this out simply so people are not under the illusion the only reason vBSEO removed Ioncube is because they decided to do so out the goodness of there hearts. They may have removed it because they was now forced to do so really. Mainly because of whats happened - and may be the reason also why they have put a patient forward also at the same time!
                              MRGTB
                              Last edited by MRGTB; Tue 20 Nov '07, 10:27am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X