..and if Jelsoft fail....?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..and if Jelsoft fail....?

A question that rises me, what would happen at our license in the case Jelsoft should fail or to close for always the wings?
    All we equally could continue to it use vbulletin for always who have owned license?

Yeah we can continue to use the license but would have to deal with fixing bugs etc. I don't see Jelsoft failing any time soon.

Comment

Just mine curiosity , never mind

Comment

Originally posted by Masiello View Post
        Just mine curiosity , never mind
        I see .

Comment

If it fails, I'm sure the community will try to pick up the slack as much as possible and try to release "patch levels"

But as --Mad-- suggests, I don't forsee Jelsoft going under anytime soon. iB owns the company more or less and it recently went public on the stock exchange.
          ManagerJosh, Owner of 4 XenForo Licenses, 1 vBulletin Legacy License, 1 Internet Brands Suite License
          Director, WorldSims.org | Gaming Hosting Administrator, SimGames.net, Urban Online Entertainment

Comment

You should read the 'License Argreement' to known if you own it or just borrowing it until said time. You should buy into the stocks and boost the price up.

I got into Googles and I am going to sell it all off by Jan 08 or just before the newyear.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose Amaral Rego View Post
              I got into Googles and I am going to sell it all off by Jan 08 or just before the newyear.
              Just before the market tanks.

For those who don't remember or know what a real recession is (think the late 70s and early 80s), it's not a pretty sight -- except for precious metal buyers and savers -- as a 21% interest rate on savings was out-of-this-world!

Well, since Jelsoft's boss went public, transparency is no longer a maybe. Going to have to track them, now.
              "Anyone who conducts an argument by appealing to Authority
              is not using his intelligence, he is just using his memory."
              ~~~
              Leonardo da Vinci

Comment

What happens to the support for microsoft products if Microsoft fails?
                What about apple products if Apple fails?
                etc

Comment

Someone either buys the company and or the birth of a new way to communicate has emerge to makes what you have now useless.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                    What happens to the support for microsoft products if Microsoft fails?
                    What about apple products if Apple fails?
                    etc
                    Yes, we know, but the question isn't that about support, but about the use of the software being that every Customer Number it comes recognized from a Jelsoft Network database

Comment

As stated in post #2, if it's an owned license you'll be able to continue using vB as you desire.

Comment

Originally posted by Freesteyelz View Post
                        As stated in post #2, if it's an owned license you'll be able to continue using vB as you desire.
                        That partly right until you added 'Desire' within your statement about ownership.

vBulletin ('the Software') is a copyrighted work of authorship and is also protected under applicable database laws. Jelsoft retains ownership of the Software and any copies of it, regardless of the form in which the copies may exist. This license is not a sale of the original Software or any copies.

Comment

"Desire" was in relationship to the continuation of use. It did not imply freedom of use outside the scopes of the copyright.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X